This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF FA507XI.307 Can't update bios to 308, blackscreen

fharsanto
Star I

I cant update BIOS, blank screen keep coming, already trying https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1040405/ but not works. In my model, after 15 second, light on power already shutdown.

There's 2 method to update BIOS, I'm trying all but not works:

1. Windows installation download from MyASUS, after restart is black screen

2. Flashing with usb (format with Fat32), stuck after restart in black screen

My BIOS version is 307, previously setting secureboot is disabled due to Linux installation on second drive. After can't update BIOS on dual boot, I decided to run ASUS Cloud Recovery (this process wipe out all drive sadly)

After fresh install still can't update the BIOS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@fharsanto 
Since this model comes with memory modules that have a frequency of 4800, please use the memory modules that we shipped with the product and update the BIOS to version 308 again for confirmation. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

fharsanto
Star I

Secureboot is enable again and continue with Cloud Recovery

ankitroy
Star I

Experiencing a black screen while attempting to update the BIOS to version 308 on the ASUS TUF FA507XI laptop might indicate a BIOS update failure. Try these steps:

1. Power Cycle: Disconnect the laptop from power, remove the battery if possible, and hold the power button for around 20 seconds. Reconnect the battery and power, then try booting.

2. BIOS Recovery: If the laptop supports it, check if there's a BIOS recovery procedure outlined in the laptop's manual. This can involve using a USB drive with a specific BIOS file to recover from a failed update.

3. Clear CMOS: Reset the CMOS by locating the CMOS battery on the motherboard, removing it for a few minutes, and then placing it back. This can reset BIOS settings to default.

4. External Display: Connect an external monitor to see if the laptop's display is causing the issue. It might be a screen-related issue rather than a BIOS problem.

5. Contact Support: If these steps don't work, contact ASUS support. They can guide you through troubleshooting or recommend professional help.

6. Professional Help: If you're not comfortable performing these steps, consider seeking assistance from a professional technician.

Remember to back up important data before attempting any troubleshooting that might affect your system.

Thanks and visit: b2b data

fharsanto
Star I

Hello ankitroy, thanks for the reply.

Hold the power button for around 20 seconds. --> when i do this, my device automatic restarting in second of 15, the video said hold around 40 seconds, but not works because the notebook restarting. Or 15s should be enough?

Contact Support --> they said bring to device to nearby service center, LOL

Again, thanks for the reply

@fharsanto 
Unfortunately, if the BIOS update still cannot be completed,"I'm sorry, I would also recommend taking your laptop to our repair center for further diagnostics. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.