This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus TUF A17 FA706QR-HX004T Keyboard Brightness FN+Arrow Up/Down Not working, wrong serialnr in BIOS

ghad
Star I
System: win 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Asus TUF Gaming A17 FA706QR-HX004T
Frequency of occurrence: Last couple of weeks/month and constant since
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: No
========================
Detailed description:Hi all i also have been struck by the bad bios update, have been gone for a while so i cannot be sure as to when the update was applied to my system but nevertheless it was a windows update. Bios shows serial number as SSN12345678901234567 Bios version FA706QR.410
The thing that got affected was the FN+Arrow up/down for brightness controll that stopped working.
I deleted armoury crate but kept the standalone software for the rgp intact
(Lightning Control v.1.07.79_v2.2)
tried a couple of other software like openrgb, but none gave me back the ability to change the brightness.
Please send me the fix that i have read about in different threads, but for my model
Serial Number : M4NRCX024******
Brand new laptop only couple of moths old, came with OS pre-installed
Thank you
7 REPLIES 7

Falcon_ASUS
@ghad
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Falcon_ASUS
@ghad
I have sent you a message, please check.
Thank you.

sakshi_v06
Star I
It is not working for me as well. I just got a new laptop. ASUS TUF Gaming F17. And my Fn+Up /Down keys dont work for brightness adjustment and also cannot change brightness for keyboard light even in the Armoury Crate. Please help

sakshi_v06
Star I
sakshi_v06

It is not working for me as well. I just got a new laptop. ASUS TUF Gaming F17. And my Fn+Up /Down keys dont work for brightness adjustment and also cannot change brightness for keyboard light even in the Armoury Crate. Please help

View post
Serial Number : MANRCX04P******