Star II
[BUG] Armoury II crash at manual launch

Updated to Armoury II 3.00.43, still the same crash:
Repro steps:
- Run ROG Armoury, open Settings and disable Run on startup
- reboot
- then run ROG Armoury manually from its icon and it will crash on first launch

Win 10 PRO 1909 and Win 10 PRO 2004

Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: ROG Armoury.exe, versione: 3.0.1.5, timestamp: 0x5e3d128b
Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: KERNELBASE.dll, versione: 10.0.18362.628, timestamp: 0x54734dee
Codice eccezione: 0xe0434352
Offset errore 0x00113db2
ID processo che ha generato l'errore: 0x2ac0
Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: 0x01d5ecf8e0e566d1
Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\ROG Armoury.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
ID segnalazione: a61b1a2d-8145-418e-a260-11e325a2c10f

Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: ROG Armoury.exe, versione: 3.0.1.5, timestamp: 0x5e3d128b
Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: KERNELBASE.dll, versione: 10.0.18362.628, timestamp: 0x54734dee
Codice eccezione: 0xc000041d
Offset errore 0x00113db2
ID processo che ha generato l'errore: 0x2ac0
Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: 0x01d5ecf8e0e566d1
Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\ROG Armoury.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
ID segnalazione: 5dd12ad8-e9ec-452b-a109-be2a382317d5

1. PC / Laptop: ASUS STRIX GL703GS
2. Aura Sync products: none
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software: ROG Strix Carry wireless mouse
4. Wired / wireless connection: Inel AC-9560
5. Reinstalled Armoury II? Yes
6. Reinstalled Windows? Yes
7. WIndows version & build: 1909 (any build)
8. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected: none, it's been always reproducible
6 REPLIES 6

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello hexaae,
May I know where and how did you install this Armoury II?
Your device should be using ROG Gaming center, did I misunderstand something?
May you provide some screenshot or the video of how you reproduce this issue?
Thank you.

hexaae
Star II
See rog asus forums thread: /forum/showthread.php?108009-ROG-Armoury-II-V3-00-16-Report-any-issues-here (I can't post direct link, sorry)
Of course I have ROG Gaming Center on GL703GS. Armoury II is required to configure my ASUS ROG Strix Carry mouse, and is not the same of Armoury Crate (that replaced ROG Gaming Center on AUSUS ROG Scar II+ laptops). Am I wrong?
To always reproduce the issue is quite simple. You have to follow the above mentioned steps:
install Armoury II on GL703GS (required to customize ROG Strix Carry mouse etc.)
Run ROG Armoury II, open Settings and disable Run on startup
reboot
then run ROG Armoury II manually from its desktop icon and it will crash on FIRST launch (only)
NOTICE: you won't see a Windows error pop-up reporting the crash. You will just notice wheel mouse cursor animation and will find the silent crash under Reliability Monitor

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello hexaae,
I see, thank you so much for information.
I will consult the mouse team and keep you updated.
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello hexaae,
May you update the Armoury II to version 3.00.44 and see if the issue still happened ?
If so, would you be so kind to record a video for us? just to make sure we did not misunderstand your description.
Thank you so much.