cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AiMesh and 2 x ASUS Routers

MOTFU
Star I
Team,
Up until recently I had a perfectly good ASUS RT-AC88U when the modem was fried by an electrical storm (the WIFI still works). So anyway I cannot connect a Modem to bypass the fried unit.
So I have since purchased a RT-AX86S and connected to my (TPG Supplied)Archer 1600v Modem. The issue is my New RT-AX86s does not seem to have the range required to cover my entire unit (Double Brick throughout) (25Mtr to the back of the unit from the routers location) which my RT-AC88U was able to do. for things such as NETFLIX, mobiles and laptops, etc.
So I am looking at doing an AiMesh by purchasing a ASUS RT-AC68U, AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router(restricted by a pensioner budget), my question is do I just plug it in, turn it on and link via software, or do I need to run cabling or does it need to be plugged in to another telephone socket.
Never having done this before and not finding answers on the internet, I would appreciate any advice / knowledge to point me in the right direction.
And I guess the other question is: Do you think between the two of them will they provide the coverage I require?
Cheers and Thanks
0 REPLIES 0