This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ZenWiFi Pro ET12 pre-sale query related to Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)

Pivotalchow01
Star I

Does anybody know if it is possible to disable Energy Efficient Ethernet (aka EEE 802.02az) on the Asus ZenWiFi Pro ET12 routers? Or actually if the Asus ZenWiFi Pro ET12 even supports EEE? I am looking to upgrade my home router. I currently have an Netgear Orbi, and I want a new router that supports multigig ethernet (2.5GB) so that I can take full advantage of my Virgin Media 1GB fibre internet connection. My issue is that Virgin currently have a bug with their SuperHub 5 router (Sagemcom F3896LG-VMB) firmware which causes the 2.5GB LAN port to stop functioning. According to the Virgin Media forums, the issue seems to occur due to a conflict with the router’s handling of EEE mode. The work-around is to disable EEE on the connected device (in this case it would be a new Asus router) to ensure that the port functions correctly at the 2.5GB speed. Is this possible with the Asus router settings? I’ve checked the documentation, techspecs, forum pages, etc. but I am not able to determine if this is possible. I appreciate any advice or guidance. Many thanks. Virgin Media forum post: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Tech-Chatter/Hub-5-Firmware-Upgrade/td-p/5480079 

0 REPLIES 0