This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ac68u rev E1

Peggino
Star I

I don't know if Asus accepts codes from Asus Merlin or from where, but one thing I know is that after updating to the latest firmware for the AC68U, the firewall isn't working. I've tried resetting to factory settings and a hard reset without success. I attempted to restore the system via software at IP 192.168.1.10 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0. The connection reached 43%, but the system rebooted without success. It's starting to frustrate me. Does anyone have any good suggestions? Can someone look at the source code? Thanks for your understanding.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

jzchen
Rising Star II

ASUS doesn’t support Merlin firmware.  Which firmware version are you having trouble with?

View solution in original post

You don’t need Restoration software to restore an older BIOS.  You can use the “Manual” upload to flash the prior BIOS.  Please follow “Method 2: Update Manually

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1008000/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jzchen
Rising Star II

ASUS doesn’t support Merlin firmware.  Which firmware version are you having trouble with?

h the latest version, ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51668, the firewall is not working at all. However, in the older version, it worked normally, specifically ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.51665. Yesterday, I updated to the latest version, and when I tried to add rules to the firewall, nothing happened. I performed a factory reset, and then I tried to add rules to the firewall again, but it simply wouldn't add anything. I thought there might be something wrong, so I decided to reinstall everything using the Restoration ASUS app.

I connected the modem normally and plugged in the cable to LAN port 1. I set the IP to 192.168.1.10 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and saved it. However, I can only get to 43%, and then it crashes. This happens three times in a row, and it says that the process was unsuccessful. I've tried several guides, but nothing seems to work.

You don’t need Restoration software to restore an older BIOS.  You can use the “Manual” upload to flash the prior BIOS.  Please follow “Method 2: Update Manually

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1008000/

Peggino
Star I

When will a real expert show up who knows what I'm writing about in support, not someone who will send me links as if I don't know about it? I'm trying to restore the system again using the ASUS restoration firmware. I set 192.168.1.10 and the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0. I need to reinstall it because the software bugs out or something during normal installation, and then my firewall doesn't work and I can't add rules, even if I do a hard reset, so factory reset, it's unsuccessful. And I'm just warning that sending it through links is pointless because I can find it myself and it doesn't help. So the router is in default settings, but I still can't reinstall it the way I want to.THX