This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z170 Premium Bluetooth Adapter not working

fljlee3
Star I

Hoping someone can help me troubleshoot this issue. I have a Asus Z170 Premium motherboard and the Bluetooth adapter doesn't work. I have installed/ uninstalled/ reinstalled/ used different versions of the Bluetooth driver and it doesn't work. I cannot even find any devices when I search and when I use other Bluetooth devices like a phone or an iPad to search I cannot see the computer either. What could it be?

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @fljlee3 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Upon reviewing the specifications of the Z170-PREMIUM, it is noted that the supported Bluetooth version is V4.0.

Given that many recent devices are equipped with Bluetooth functionalities surpassing this version, it is plausible that the observed issues stem from a significant disparity in Bluetooth versions.

(Bluetooth version image sourced from the internet)
We recommend cross-testing after verifying the Bluetooth-supported version of your devices.

Thank you.

fljlee3
Star I

Thank you I will have to try to find an older device to test the Bluetooth functionality, however, it is a bit of a moot point because I won't be able to use it with the headphones that I wanted to. Once again thanks for taking the time to look into this for me and answering!

Hello, @fljlee3 

Thank you for your prompt response.
If you encounter any further difficulties or have any concerns, please feel free to start another discussion thread or PM me anytime.

Thank you.