This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support extension for 3 years on Zenfones.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Zenfones from 2018 and beyond should get 3 years of OS support with security patches.
Zenfone 5z - Android 11 with Zenui 6 or Zenui 7
Zenfone 6 - Android 12 with Zenui 7 or Zenui 8
Zenfone 7 - Android 13 With Zenui 8 or Zenui 9
Zenfone 8 series-Android 14 with Zenui 9 or Zenui 10.
Guys if you support this idea your votes are very much appreciated.
Thanks!
@Kris_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS
20 REPLIES 20

edddd
Rising Star I
All this big talk about CO2 emissions and we can't even figure out a way to stop throwing our phones away every few years. Updates require effort for sure, but maybe the problem are the unnecessarily diverse product line-ups.
Heck, if ASUS were to tell me to pay a bit for major updates after like 2-3 years, I would seriously consider this if the phone is still running fine and the price is no more than 15% of phone price. This way I could decide myself if I want to update. Plus, in this day and age an update could theoretically be crowdfunded, but with an option of a refund if a fund goal is not met. I dunno, pulling ideas out of deepest sea here.

siddhu_massachu
Star II
Yes, please give support for all high end Asus and RoG flagships for atleast 3 years of android updates. It will give confidence to buyers to trust on your product and it will attract them to go for ASUS products 2nd and 3rd time and so on.

Tob
Star III
Now that Samsung and Google are leading the way, there should be at least 3 major OS upgrades ( or 2 if you launch a phone with the latest android later in fall).
Security updates should be a bit longer, even tho I'm fine with quarterly updates for older phones.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Almost all brands are now in the league for 3 years of update for flaghsips.
ASUS is the only one lacking behind
Common ASUS consumer demands need fulfillment afterall its profitable to everyone users as well as company in terms of future products & also in terms of bussiness
Customer Satisfaction should be companies first priority along with competative market strategies.
Myself a Asus Zenfone user since 2015 i want to see some appreciable changes in Asus now in this competative world. Try focusing on larger markets like india rather than considering it as second options after ur launch events this will effect global sales as well as brand value for that particular region and than people will stop buying products they are not familier with.
I hope to see a good improvement in decisions from here comparing to other OEMS.
Fingers crossed...!!!

abhineet150
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

Almost all brands are now in the league for 3 years of update for flaghsips.

ASUS is the only one lacking behind

Common ASUS consumer demands need fulfillment afterall its profitable to everyone users as well as company in terms of future products & also in terms of bussiness

Customer Satisfaction should be companies first priority along with competative market strategies.

Myself a Asus Zenfone user since 2015 i want to see some appreciable changes in Asus now in this competative world. Try focusing on larger markets like india rather than considering it as second options after ur launch events this will effect global sales as well as brand value for that particular region and than people will stop buying products they are not familier with.

I hope to see a good improvement in decisions from here comparing to other OEMS.

Fingers crossed...!!!

View post
In complete agreement and hope Asus provides the support and announces their software update policy for 3 years.
But since they don't sell many smartphones unlike Samsung and other companies except for Pixel , and only launch certain series in India , hence they might certainly stick to 2 years as they would like to sell their new launched device and make some money.
The point which I am trying to make is if we get software update extended why would one buy a new device
Having said that I think by normal standard Asus should consider software updates to be increased to 3 years at least.
Hence its a Yes vote from me.

Also , I would sincerely request Asus to concentrate on Mid Budget segment smartphones and bring back Max pro Series Back...I know its hard for them to compete in that segment but there are numerous people who wants more Non Chinese brand and by that I mean not part of Mainland China(PRC)