This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make AOD helpful

topolov
Rising Star II
Currently I don't use AOD, because it's useless, it can show only time (on my Zenfone 7 pro).
I suggest to add at least notification icons on Always on Display, to see the icons of applications, which have notifications.
There are a lot of other options, what to add on AOD, for example, charging status (like Samsung have), if you will add type of charging (slow/fast or voltage), that would be cool.
Any modification will be appreciated, because currently using AOD makes no sense, it's like 2mp camera without autofocus in old phones - you literally have a camera, but it's almost useless 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
I totally agree. Current AOD implementation is useless. At least add icons please....

AV777
Star II
Please add an option to schedule AOD. Currently it is on throughout the night which is disturbing and it also drains the battery. So an option, like in dark mode, to schedule it would be useful.

feljo
Star III
If you leave your phone upside down (laying on the display) with pocket mode enabled the AOD won't activate (the screen will be off). That way you'll save a lot of battery throughout the night.

AV777
Star II
feljo

If you leave your phone upside down (laying on the display) with pocket mode enabled the AOD won't activate (the screen will be off). That way you'll save a lot of battery throughout the night.

View post
Yeah, but with the bonus of scratches😂(BTW thanks).