This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face Recognition - Add option to 'Swipe to enter Home Screen'

dsg38
Star II
Hello. The face unlock is working well. But I was hoping an additional setting could be added. Currently, I often want to use the lock screen audio controls for example. However, the face unlock is so fast that it unlocks just as I go to press a button. Then I have to swipe down from the home screen to get my audio controls back. This is especially annoying when I'm on a run.
Activating the 'Face recognition - Show notifications' setting solves this, but then it means I can't glance at my phone when it's on my desk to see notifications (i.e. I want my notifications to be visible on the lock screen).
So could you add a setting which nuances this a bit called e.g. 'Face Recognition - Swipe up to enter Home screen'?
Thanks in advance!
PS: I think this user might also be requesting the same feature - but not 100% clear: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/51692/face-unlock-notification#latest
13 REPLIES 13

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
dsg38

Thanks @CH_ASUS - that is a partial solution. But still frustrating when you just want to glance at your phones lock screen to read your notifications (which i do 100x times a day) and the face unlock is so quick to jump you to the home screen that you can't read your notifications.

@CH_ASUS - any idea whether this might get implemented as a option for face unlock in a future software upgrade? (or should I give up hope!)

View post
Sure, as you say, it is either or at this moment. So either allow Face unlock to detect face to read notifications -> solves the "jump straight to home screen" but downside is you cannot just "turn on the phone" and glance at the screen without the face being infront.

And inversely, it will be very fast instead.

As for if or when a feature is added - we really cant say as it is not a given that all suggestions get implemented but the higher voted ones will of course get more consideration.
In earnest, I would not expect this feature in the short term.

dsg38
Star II
@CH_ASUS - ok understood, thanks for the info

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/188432#Comment_188432

Sure, as you say, it is either or at this moment. So either allow Face unlock to detect face to read notifications -> solves the "jump straight to home screen" but downside is you cannot just "turn on the phone" and glance at the screen without the face being infront.

And inversely, it will be very fast instead.

As for if or when a feature is added - we really cant say as it is not a given that all suggestions get implemented but the higher voted ones will of course get more consideration.

In earnest, I would not expect this feature in the short term.

View post
What about 3 years software support extensions on all zenfone model starting from Zenfone 5z. The thread which got closed after sometime that thread got the highest number of votes and comments then why did ASUS have done nothing about that yet??
Here is the thread with 105 votes👇👇
AmitGarde

Zenfones from 2018 and beyond should get 3 years of OS support with security patches.

Zenfone 5z - Android 11 with Zenui 6 or Zenui 7

Zenfone 6 - Android 12 with Zenui 7 or Zenui 8

Zenfone 7 - Android 13 With Zenui 8 or Zenui 9

Zenfone 8 series-Android 14 with Zenui 9 or Zenui 10.

Guys if you support this idea your votes are very much appreciated.

Thanks!

@Kris_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS

Support extension for 3 years on Zenfones.
But ASUS Doesnt care??
We are waiting for positive response from ASUS just like ROG 2
Thanks...!!! @CH_ASUS

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/188435#Comment_188435

What about 3 years software support extensions on all zenfone model starting from Zenfone 5z. The thread which got closed after sometime that thread got the highest number of votes and comments then why did ASUS have done nothing about that yet??

Here is the thread with 105 votes👇👇

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47983/support-extension-for-3-years-on-zenfones

But ASUS Doesnt care??

We are waiting for positive response from ASUS just like ROG 2

Thanks...!!! @CH_ASUS

View post
Zenfone 5Z got 2 OS updates, as committed to.
Zenfone 6 got 2 OS Updates.
ROG Phone II - is getting its 2nd OS Update.

Hijacking posts just leads to them derailing and subsequently closed.