This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face Recognition - Add option to 'Swipe to enter Home Screen'

dsg38
Star II
Hello. The face unlock is working well. But I was hoping an additional setting could be added. Currently, I often want to use the lock screen audio controls for example. However, the face unlock is so fast that it unlocks just as I go to press a button. Then I have to swipe down from the home screen to get my audio controls back. This is especially annoying when I'm on a run.
Activating the 'Face recognition - Show notifications' setting solves this, but then it means I can't glance at my phone when it's on my desk to see notifications (i.e. I want my notifications to be visible on the lock screen).
So could you add a setting which nuances this a bit called e.g. 'Face Recognition - Swipe up to enter Home screen'?
Thanks in advance!
PS: I think this user might also be requesting the same feature - but not 100% clear: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/51692/face-unlock-notification#latest
13 REPLIES 13

mandroid
Star I
Yes please do this!! This is the default behaviour on iphone with face unlock. Much more convenient. Plus it should hopefully be very simple for Asus to implement.

Scorpion
Rising Star I
mandroid

Yes please do this!! This is the default behaviour on iphone with face unlock. Much more convenient. Plus it should hopefully be very simple for Asus to implement.

View post
Yeah and it's an option on OnePlus too.
Asus should make such feature possible, I hate looking at my phone at night and can't see notifications because the phone can't recognizes my face, OR unlocking my phone immediately by looking at it even though i just want to check the notifications. Ah so frustrating..
These are the reason I never use face ID

mikerogers
Star I
Yeah this is really driving me crazy

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
The easy short term solution is to use our Gestures
Settings - Advanced - Gestures : Music Control

It allows you to control the music playback using gestures on the screen, when it is off.

dsg38
Star II
Thanks @CH_ASUS - that is a partial solution. But still frustrating when you just want to glance at your phones lock screen to read your notifications (which i do 100x times a day) and the face unlock is so quick to jump you to the home screen that you can't read your notifications.
@CH_ASUS - any idea whether this might get implemented as a option for face unlock in a future software upgrade? (or should I give up hope!)