cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3080TI problem, no receipt

Marksman_M
Star I

Hi,

I need some advice.  My 3080ti was working for about a year before a few days ago where I noticed the GPU started to stutter/lag and shut down my PC.

I had an extensive chat with Nvidia who then told me to come here.  Nvidia tech and myself both agree that there is definitely an issue with the GPU, primarily it is overheating and the fans on the GPU are no longer spinning. The temperature reaches 91 degrees and the fans don't spin at all and it crashes the PC every time when I run graphically intense games.

I never overclocked the PC, I updated, rolled back drivers, everything is up to date, nothing works.  When I launch any game, the game will lag, stutter, then shut down the screen, but the GPU is still on (LED lights are on) and the mobo/processor etc still runs in the background.  I have to manually shut the PC off and turn it back on in order to 'see' my monitor again.  (It is def not the cables either).  I have a fully functioning PSU and enough power to power everything.

This is the problem:  I have lost the receipt and when I try to register the product, it keeps telling me it has been used.  I don't know what to do.

I am desperate to get the GPU running again and I don't even mind paying for a tech to fix it and or if the GPU is under warranty, get a potential RMA.  I really need this GPU to work because it is affecting my daily work/ streaming etc.

Please help.   I really need someone to tell me what to do and or what I CAN do in this situation.

Thank you for your time, hope to hear from you soon.

Marksman M T_T

3 REPLIES 3

LexterJ
Star II

Have you tried to clean the GPU from dust and repaste? 

Marksman_M
Star I

Yes, I have.  I have even re-seated the GPU but same issue.  It will load into windows but once a game is run, it lags then crashes.  I can also hear something fluttering in the GPU when the fans do decide to turn, which is almost never.  It only turns if I physically use an anti-static stick to turn the fans slightly.  They will spin for 5-8 secs then slow down and stop.

I have tried to do everything and all I can think of is that it has a defect that only showed up a few days ago OR my PSU no longer functions as it should (but it does, will test later with a PSU tester). 

I can't even pay someone to fix the GPU as their advice is to literally 'buy a new one'.

My current solution is to buy a new GPU similar to it, so I have had to buy a 4070TI.  Not the best solution but what else can I do?  If the product has been used, it means I can not claim warranty which I think is frustrating. 😕

I feel you. I had the same issue but with a gaming laptop that had huge fans.

Fans started giving a strange noice, so i thought it was from dust stuck in it. So i've cleaned it, then it had less noice, but sometimes it would not start at all. So the short tirm solution was to re-grease the place where the fan had a contact with the motor. It lasted for 3-4 month and gone the same way again. So I've changed fans completely. 

Might be the same case for you, check if fans work properly (would be hard without proper equipment "PWM generator"). If it's the case try to find spare fans for your GPU.