You have to first set up face recognition in order to use face unlock.
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to access Quick Settings > tap Settings icon > Security & lock screen > Face recognition.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to register your face data. There are 3 options under Choose screen lock. The example below is Face + Pattern.
3. Choose how you want notifications to be shown and turn on Face Unlock.
To use face unlock: After waking up the phone, swipe up on the screen or tap on the face icon to activate face unlock. The camera will automatically flip once face unlock is activated.
Once your face is successfully identified, your phone will be unlocked. However, if it fails, please use the other previously set method to unlock.
1. This knowledge is currently only applicable for ZenFone 6. Please stay tuned for further updates on our Official Website.
2. Please note that the eyes, nose, mouth, and other crucial facial features cannot be covered when using the face recognition. Therefore, you cannot use Face Unlock when you put on sunglasses and/or mask. Likewise, the device cannot be unlocked with your eyes closed.
3. Conditions such as insufficient light, crucial facial features covered by sunglasses or a mask, or the device not held steadily will cause the "face recognition unsuccessful" message to appear as the device doesn't have enough data to identify the face as the registered user. Align user's face in the center of the front facing camera and tap the face icon above the message to retry.