This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 new camera sensor

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Zenfone 8 rumored to have a new Sony IMX663 camera sensor? I can't help but feel a little dissapointed that the zenfone 8 gets new update while the rog5 just has the same as previous gens. That being said, the naming is quite interesting to say the least, it seems this is going to be an ultrawide 12.2mp lens which may sport a larger sensor size given the naming history. That would be a huge upgrade, having a good quality ultrawide would be quite awesome as typically the ultrawides found on most phones are quite medicore to say the least.
5 REPLIES 5

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

Zenfone 8 rumored to have a new Sony IMX663 camera sensor? I can't help but feel a little dissapointed that the zenfone 8 gets new update while the rog5 just has the same as previous gens. That being said, the naming is quite interesting to say the least, it seems this is going to be an ultrawide 12.2mp lens which may sport a larger sensor size given the naming history. That would be a huge upgrade, having a good quality ultrawide would be quite awesome as typically the ultrawides found on most phones are quite medicore to say the least.

Zenfone 8 new camera sensor
Zenfone 8 mini is rumoured to come with imx 663 (possibly new sensor) unless it's an typo and they meant 363 lol
Anyways Zenfone mini leaks say imx 686 + imx 663 (could be flip or punch hole setup) I think the latter as there's an specific model named as "Zenfone Flip" this year
Zenfone 8 Mini,8 pro and Zenfone Flip
Rog has the same imx 686 + omnivision wide + omnivision macro
They probably do that on purpose
1. Rog is a line-up where camera isn't prioritised
2. Probably to segregate their lineups like Zenfone has a better camera setup/algorithm compared to Rog
And to possibly save some costs on Rog

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Zenfone 7 too used the imx 363 as an ultra wide it's an pretty good sensor

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Aryan202

Zenfone 7 too used the imx 363 as an ultra wide it's an pretty good sensor

View post
The sensor is a brand new 663 sensor. It hasnt been released yet. Hence im kinda excited about it.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/163455#Comment_163455

The sensor is a brand new 663 sensor. It hasnt been released yet. Hence im kinda excited about it.

View post
Yeah imx 363 on zf7 was pretty good 663 if it exists might be even better
This year's Zenfone line-up is looking pretty good