This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Mod: BT manual fix inside] One critical bug after Zenfone 5z .36 update (January patch)

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Got .36 update with January patch today
Let's hope it has good battery optimisation (I'd atleast need a day to comment on this builds battery life)
System stability and the gestures feel much smoother now
There's one critical bug tho:
There's no audio through Bluetooth devices (through any multimedia app it's not limited to a particular app or headphone model)
So far i can confirm 4-5 people are suffering from this issue (including myself)on the telegram hub for Zenfone 5z users (as far as I know the audio only seems to work during calls) this is with Bluetooth only
I personally use my wired headphone mostly so not a big issue to me ? but it's indeed a priority concern for some users
Appreciate the adaptive brightness feature ported from Zenfone 6
Here's another feature request to be ported from Zenfone 6/Rog 2
The option to customise power buttons
DBRB07KHJOFO.jpg
This is from a Zenfone 6
I hope you guys will port the newer stuff Zenfone 6 and Rog 2 would get in future updates as all the devices are based on the same stock UI afterall
And maybe some camera related improvements in future 😄 (night mode *wink*)
Maybe Zen UI 7 based on android 10 (i know that's a far fetched dream lol)
37 REPLIES 37

Aryan202
Community Legend I
My headphones go both wired and Bluetooth
The issue is when it's in Bluetooth mode
It works fine in wired mode and there's no video lag (or jitter) as I stated above
Actually someone else reported this on the telegram channel for Zenfone 5z
Considering i can mimic this on my device too the issue seems to be widespread

RockeR
Star III
Me too. But during the call there is sound. And now does not connect via AptX.
P.S. I write through Google translator

ramneek2110
Rising Star I
facing the same issue

gtnvvsunil9999
Star III
I am also facing the same issue voice calls works fine but no audio output through bluetooth devices checked with real me wireless buds oneplus bullets @CH_ASUS please look into this issue ASAP tried everything but no use.

shadowsah97
Star I
I even checked using cheap ones to check if it was AptX issue but the issue still persist.