This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RT-ACRH13 Router and Linux

PapaBear502
Star I

Good evening. I am new here so please forgive me if what I am about to share is a bit odd.

Basically, I have a problem with Linux Mint being able to utilize my home network. I had a very old Netgear router that worked just fine with Linux and I never had a problem viewing various shares on different machines, Linux or Windows. I bought a new Netgear router but never thought to check the network and when I did, I discovered that I could no longer browse my home network. I decided to purchase an ASUS router, the RT-ACRH13, hoping that would solve the problem but I'm still not able to browse my home network.

My question is whether there is some sort of switch/toggle/button/setting that I need to change in order to get that capability back. A new notes of information:

1). I can log into the router from Linux, and I can see the IP addresses of my machines, and I can ping them. However, I cannot see them on the network from Linux. I can, however, see them all just fine from Windows.

2). I can also ping the router from both Windows and Linux. 

If anyone here can help me I'd be much obliged. Thank you for your time.

1 REPLY 1

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.