cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivowatch 5 hc-b05 altimeter software issues, missing ECG

abarkasz
Star II

Hello,

So lets see if I can find/get some answers here.

I notice that my Altimeter is marking ~30000.0 m and if I try to change or set the value it is impossible since the arrows are misplaced from the digits.  So not only I am at 30000 meters ( XD ) from the ground if I try to set it to 0 is not possible.

To explain a bit so Ex: the display show 27345.3 m, when I select the small gear to set a value I go to a screen that shows me 2734 only the arrow to change the 4 must be place in the 3  if it is placed in the 4 nothing happens. to change the 4 must be in the 27(some how is highlighted both) and to change the 7 the arrows are in the void to the left(visible still).

Asus FAQ make no sense to me how to calibrate it..if someone knows let me know. Asus support give me the FAQ answer or after push a bit simply talk to the retailer. I dunno why Amazon will/should deal with this when I register the product in Asus UK. 

Any help is welcome, the watch and the main features work like a charm, is just that I would like to be at 1-10 meters over the sea and not at 30k.

Lastly I notice that recently the ECG graph disappear from the Asus healthconnect app, dunno if it is something general or just me. Again is not something that I use but bothers me to not have it as reference.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Ok so I contacted Amazon in the end, they give me 2 options one is the refund. I still will push for a more sensitive approach if it is possible to diagnose this without need to return the product. Any one has a clue what else I could do ? like connecting with another app or revert the firmware? (I would like to try this option to make it to the original one it is possible??) @Aureliannn_ASUS  do you think you can ask someone in your team about to get the original firmware somewhere accessible and how to downgrade it? Thanks in advance 

abarkasz
Star II

Hi :D,

Well Amazon kindly changed the watch (great cheers for this) so everything should be find right? well not exactly, don't get me wrong I am not complaining nor anything but after 2 days of use of the new/mint one (may be I am doing something wrong?) today it showed me that the minimum I was during the night was -6m. It is marking me ~50m in the up/ real time and seems to work ok but the -6 make me fear a bit. So I write just to let a record of my case only(I really love the watch as it is so this is minor for me).

So how I use it everyday:

Power save mode on, turn off bluetooth from the watch around 6.30pm turn it back at 7am (I will left it on some nights just in case but I did this for months in the previous one and was all good) everything else untouched except in my phone the location turn off, even though I let HealthConnect full control of it. 

@Aureliannn_ASUS  if you can pass this data to the software team or they need more info about let me know, I think they could get some extra insight from this as future reference.

Side note: for those who seek 7/8 days of battery life I go it doing this: turning off BT at night from the watch and turning on again in the morning, power saver on, minimum brightness, this should give you  an average of 14% down per 24hs, IF I get several msg or use the training activities or PTT several times in the day is go down faster but you should be able 1 or twice per day and all should be good. I just charge it when is at 6%.