This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acessory Needs More Power Error - MacBook Pro 2015 with Asus MB16ACE

austindf
Star I

I just bought a MB16ACE monitor, and I am not able to get it to work with my MacBook Pro (2015) using the USB C cable with the USB A adapter.  I have the laptop plugged in with no other USB accessories.  I get this error - "Accessory Needs More Power.  Disconnecting other accessories may allow this to work."  

Any ideas before I return the monitor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the reply.  It appears it was just a one-time issue.  Once I powered off the monitor and powered it back on again, I no longer receive the power message.  It is working fine now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @austindf ,

based on your question, the MB16ACE monitor is typically compatible with Windows systems, but not all MAC models are supported. 

Therefore, compatibility with a MacBook Pro (2015) cannot be guaranteed. 

Have you downloaded the appropriate drivers from the official website? Please visit "Drivers & Tools" > "MAC OS" and try updating to the latest drivers to see if it resolves the issue. 

ZenScreen MB16ACE|Monitors|ASUS Global

Additionally, if your laptop has other ports, we suggest trying different ports for testing to see if there's any improvement. 

Thank you for reaching out.

Thank you for the reply.  It appears it was just a one-time issue.  Once I powered off the monitor and powered it back on again, I no longer receive the power message.  It is working fine now.

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @austindf ,

Thank you very much for your feedback!
We are pleased that you resolve the issue. 
If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please feel free to ask.
We are here to assist you.