This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard and trackpad non-functional until Windows reboot

Shadow351
Star I

I have a Q406D with an infuriating issue. Frequently when waking the computer from sleep, the keyboard and trackpad will be non functional until you restart windows. This occurs multiple times a day when waking the laptop from sleep but not every time. All software is up to date but MyAsus diagnostics finds no issues. This problem has persisted since Windows 10, the computer is now on Windows 11. The problem has occurred since the device was new and in warranty, but support told me the issue sounds like a software problem (since restarting Windows fixes it and it doesn't require a power cycle) and software wasn't covered by the Warranty. It is now out of warranty. Has anyone else experienced this issue and been able to rectify it?

5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS

@Shadow351
May I ask for the complete model of the laptop you are using?
How to find Model Name
Since the described issue seems to lean towards a software problem, we would recommend backing up your data and trying to reinstall the system/drivers for further confirmation.
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Model Printed on the bottom of the PC is "Q406D Notebook PC". DX Diag reports the model as "ZenBook Q406DA". 

The computer has been completely wiped and Windows reinstalled 3 times, twice with Windows 10, and once again with Windows 11. One of the Windows 10 reinstalls was because the SSD was replaced after the factory SSD failed. Complete reinstall did not solve the issue.

@Shadow351
Due to the nature of your issue being more software-related, please verify whether your BIOS is up-to-date. If the situation persists, we recommend backing up your data and performing a system restore. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Shadow351
Star I

UEFI Firmware is already version 312 (latest on you site) and I don't believe reinstalling windows a 4th time will magically fix the issue.