Zenfone Max Pro M1 No Audio, Cant process Videos, Cant make or receive calls

kunalmandm
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
Firmware Version: 8.1.0
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Very Frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Process System isn't responding
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Good Evening,
I'm facing this issue since months and it is bugging me up. My phone freezes before making a call or when receiving one and reboots every single time. Also my phone can't play or process a single video, it just shows the template and the pause button.No audio as well. Tried with earphones, both wired and wireless. Except all this the phone works exceptionally well. It doesn't hang anywhere else. Works smoothly. Fingerprint and camera works. No video recording.
Only on google chrome's Youtube site, i can play videos, but without audio. Else where like FB, Whatsapp, Youtube app and Insta, only photos load up. Not even a single video.
I didn't drop it nor put it in water. I mean no physical Damages. Games like PUBG work flawlessly, just no audio.
I have tried upgrading, downgrading, full phone system wipe and reflash. It comes back to the same position. Gave it to the service centre, it came back today with no solution. Please guide me.
I,m attaching the bug report. Please look up into this.
14 REPLIES 14

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
I did not have this problem.
And are you in android 8. If then update to the latest version and see if the problem is still present.if it is still present try resetting your phone.
If it is still present then I think it can be a motherboard problem.

kunalmandm
Star I
veeharish2005

I did not have this problem.

And are you in android 8. If then update to the latest version and see if the problem is still present.if it is still present try resetting your phone.

If it is still present then I think it can be a motherboard problem.

View post
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I have tried upgrading it to the latest firmware. The problem still exists. Could be a motherboard problem, but all other things like gaming, surfing works exceptionally well. I'm giving this reply through the phone itself.
Could anyone find the problem from the bug report?

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
kunalmandm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91546#Comment_91546

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have tried upgrading it to the latest firmware. The problem still exists. Could be a motherboard problem, but all other things like gaming, surfing works exceptionally well. I'm giving this reply through the phone itself.

Could anyone find the problem from the bug report?

View post
I think only the developer team or who build's custom rom can find the problem from the bug report.

kunalmandm
Star I
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91641#Comment_91641

I think only the developer team or who build's custom rom can find the problem from the bug report.

View post
Ok thanks