kirandesai1994
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone MAx Pro m1
Firmware Version: WW-16.2017.2004.063
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Facing severe battery drain issue. There is definitely a bug with software, the idle battery drain is too damn high. To make it worse, the phone struggles to even give a screen-on time of 3 hours now and refuses to charge till 100 even with the supplied charger. One of the most peculiar thing i found out was my phone died due to battery drain, i connected it to the charger and booted it, and suddenly the battery is at 56% ?! Can someone please fix this? It's a very serious issue considering the times that we are living in!
6 REPLIES 6

kirandesai1994
Star II
Victor0_ASUS

Please follow below steps may improve battery backup:

1. Enable “Power saver” (Settings > Power management)

2. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)

3. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)

4. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,

5. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 

You may also recalibrate battery

To recalibrate battery, charge your phone to 100% without interruption.

then discharge it normally till 0%(phone gets switched off).

charge it to 100% in switched off condition and keep it in that state for a little more time.

now switch on your phone in charged condition and unplug when ASUS logo appears.

keep the phone unused for 5 mins.

you will get far better battery life as the battery stats.bin file will be updated.

View post
After the update the battery refuses to charge till 100! The most surprising thing is, it'll completely discharge, and when i reboot it, the battey is at 60% or 70% like wtf?! This has happened repeatedly. And i've done everything you mentioned above since the same reply was posted on other thread as well, still no solution! This has literally happened after the software update. I used to get over1.5 days of screen on time easily!

akashvenu15
Star I
kirandesai1994

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/82335#Comment_82335

After the update the battery refuses to charge till 100! The most surprising thing is, it'll completely discharge, and when i reboot it, the battey is at 60% or 70% like wtf?! This has happened repeatedly. And i've done everything you mentioned above since the same reply was posted on other thread as well, still no solution! This has literally happened after the software update. I used to get over1.5 days of screen on time easily!

View post
Try not to drain the whole battery and charge it before your mobile shuts down. I charge my mobile when it is like 4% or so , hence it will charge all the way to 100% and provides you an extra 5mins of use. I get to use my phone for 15~30mins approx per recharge done.(100%)