Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 Speaker is not working in call

saaiful
Star II

Hello everyone,

1. Model Name: ZenFone 9
  2. Firmware Version: 3.0404.2060.113
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Regular (This problem started a few weeks back. Despite being preoccupied with personal matters, I managed to conduct some investigations, but have yet to find a solution.)
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone/Dialler - 3.5.1.15_230306

I am experiencing a peculiar issue with my ZenFone 9, currently running on the Android 13 33.0404.2060.113 update.

The loudspeaker functionality does not seem to work correctly when I'm using either the default dialer app or Truecaller for phone calls. Strangely, when I'm playing music, using WhatsApp for calls, or even recording calls (where both parties are clearly audible in the recording), everything works just fine.

However, when I try to use the loudspeaker during a standard phone call, I'm unable to hear the other party's voice, which becomes quite inconvenient.

I've tested various apps and settings, but the problem persists solely during phone calls when using the loudspeaker mode. I've ensured that the issue is not tied to a single app, but it seems to be a problem within the system itself.

Here are the troubleshooting steps I've tried so far:

1. Restarting the phone.
  2. Clearing cache and data of the dialer apps.
  3. Checking for system and app updates.
  4. Testing with other apps like WhatsApp and music players.
  5. Using a call recorder to confirm both parties can be heard in calls.

Despite these efforts, the problem remains. If anyone has encountered a similar issue or if you have any suggestions on how to resolve it, your input would be greatly appreciated.

I wonder if there's a specific setting or a hidden feature that I might have overlooked? Or could this be a bug associated with the latest Android update on ZenFone  9?

Looking forward to your insights.

10 REPLIES 10

Hey @saaiful,

Thanks for the information.  Can you please submit a log file?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Sound, call audio, and recording”
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Lenix243
Star II

@saaiful could this be related to Zenfone 9 call speaker issue

boki10
Star I

I have the same problem on my new zenfone 10.

I have test it and done the same thing as you saaiful. but nothing is helping.

any solutions??? 

boki10
Star I

I have the same problem as @saaiful on my new zenfone 10.

I have test it and done the same thing as  @saaiful . but nothing is helping.

any solutions??? 

I have exactly the same problem with new Zenphone 9.  It seems this is a common occurrence that several users have complained about.  We need a solution Asus.