cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 Camera Lack of Focus on FW 33.0804.2060.113

Bethonpunx
Rising Star I

Hi Everyone...

I'm using zenfone 9 with FW 33.0804.2060.113 and non rooted version.

Is anyone have the same issues like me about terrible camera focus on main and ultrawide sensor in Zenfone 9 camera FW 33.0804.2060.113? 

Also the quality of sharpness and detail is really poor. The picture quality not good as 2018 phone that i use before, Pixel 3XL.

Is there any tips and tricks to handle this focus issue?

Thanks in advice

15 REPLIES 15

There may be color problems - but I see the camera focuses fine. Also, my experience with colors is not bad.

The ZF8 was on DXO and got a pretty good score. I had that too for over half a year and the ZF9 is clearly better, The latter is not on DXO, but many phones aren't. DXO does not buy the phones it reviews, afaik, just what it receives from the producers. And it can be merciless (see the Xperia 10 IV review).

And yes, if size is not a problem, get a new Pixel. It has the most consistent camera I have ever used.

Hng? How about 2 first photos? The focus and color soo not natural.

Here another example

P_20230520_171814.jpg

So.. what do you think? Where the camera focusing? the picture still blur even with good light condition with non artificial light and glass and bla bla bla.

And why the white color of the sky sooo blown out? Is it christmas already? 🤣🤣🤣

It's almost 1 year since ZF9 release and ZF9 even not attractive to dxo producers? and think asus still affraid for "mercieless" review? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

So let me wait for 6 months ahead to use ZF9 because i really curious is asus really read this forum? Or this is just another formality forum.

Also, If asus really intend to sell they phones, they really need to push tech support and team to hear what customers says and give feedback with a fast solutions via software update.😋

berto35
Rising Star II

Cameras are bad on this phone and Asus knows it but it seems that they're incapable to fix the camera.  Many people install the G Cam to get better pictures but I don't think it makes a big difference.

I think the setup hardware of 766,363 and selfie 663 are pretty good but the execution of image processing really bad. I hope to use stock asus camera for daily photo but it seems i'm not really happy with the results.

I already porting a wichaya gcam and all the .xml settings. The quality much better than stock asus camera. Details, color and focus of the results are really close to real subject.

I think gcam is the solutions for zen9 right now.

You are right, the problem is not the camera hardware.