cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 Battery Drain by "Others"

bLackShadow7
Star II
Hello,
I have just bought a Zenfone 9 last week and I am having bad battery life. The SOT is roughly 3 to 4 hours. I can see most of the battery is consuming by "Others".
Is it normal?
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 32.2050.2050.34
I am really disappointed with the battery performance so far.

Thank you
screenshot-20221201-111501-settings.jpg

97 REPLIES 97

Boisenberry
Rising Star I

I have to say Asus kicked out the April patch really quickly; nice job!   Did this fix or reduce the issue at all?  From the looks of the recent discussion, perhaps not?  I am still not using the phone but have decided to keep it as a backup in the short term.  

juliusz_lichwa
Star II

@Mansi_ASUS this is not looking good... 

Screenshot_20230426-061824_Settings_1.jpg

Hahandik
Star I

Screenshot_20230502-082708_Settings.jpg

 i updated to latest the other things is ridiculous, i've charged it to 100% but on 2 hours it drain 20% it is sickkk please fix it

TCWORLD
Star I

I was having the same issue with my ZF9. Have had the charge limit (80%) on since new, which was about 8 months.
Originally the battery would last 2-3 days between charges, but recently that dropped to about 12 hours if I was lucky (most of that time was screen-off!). The battery usage was showing "Other" at about 50-60% of total usage which is insane.

The solution in my case was to simply recalibrate the battery state.

1. Let the phone discharge fully until it turns itself off
2. With the phone off, plug in the charge and let it charge to 100%
3. Unplug the charger then turn on the phone
4. Once turned on, let it discharge a couple of % (let mine get to 97%)
5. Plug back in and let it charge back up to 100%

Since doing that, the others usage has gone away completely, and I'm back to the phone predicting sevaral days of battery life. After ~31 hours its still showing 72% charge left, and predicting two more days.

It seems that the "others" usage may simply be the battery level dropping faster than the phone is expecting because the calibration is out. I haven't let the battery fully discharge since I bought it, and it's had the charge limit on, so its not entirely suprising that the state of charge is confused.

Screenshot_20230721-171511_ASUS_Launcher.jpg

birchof
Star I

Has this been fixed? I have the same problem: battery dropping very fast, but my usage hasn't changed. I even unistalled a few apps, enabled all battery optimization mode. But the battery just doesn't last like it used to. 

Battery usage:

Min: Phone idle 5.9%

Max: Others 67,2% (and increasing)

Why Asus hasn't fixed this issue yet?