This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wide angle camera not working after update

My Asus Zenfone 9 wide angle camera won't work. The 50 MP camera works fine but the app freezes as soon as I switch to .6 wide angle camera. I tried factory reset the phone but nothing happened. My phone is still brand new with 2 month of usage. Firmware version is 33.0804.2060.88 I tried everything I could find on Google but nothing seems to fix the problem. And the wide angle camera actually works before update. Any fix for this Asus? And oh. I live far away from service center. Wish there are any software updates to fix this issue. Thanks before 

7 REPLIES 7

Mansi_ASUS

The R&D department would need a log file to examine the issue.  Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).

1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Thanks, glad to finally hear from you guys. 

Here's the link for bug report file. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11hKAakwaD6XaPCJEq5rH1sP5LLuu1BYM/view?usp=drivesdk 

And here's the link for the screen record. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/126_CzuedYc_rH2eZIBuhWgw402HLNtaW/view?usp=drivesdk 

I hope this issue can be fixed by the next update. Thanks in advance. 🙂

Is that a software problem, or hardware problem? 

Any updates on this issue? 

I think it's a hardware problem. I revert it back to android 12 and still the same problem exist. I can't believe you sold me a broken device. I lived so far away from service center and really rely on the phone's camera for my job. I think this is the last Asus phone I bought.