This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the desktop rotation feature missing?

Tomy90c
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 9 16/256GB
Firmware Version: VW_32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System, Main screen preferences
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Why is the desktop rotation feature missing? I was surprised that the ZenFone 9 doesn't have this feature when older ZenFones did. Is it possible to activate this function somehow? It is suitable when using the phone in the car or with original accessories such as the Connex Smart Stand.
14 REPLIES 14

Tomy90c
Star III
Kazionator

@Tomy90c do you mean this button?

screenshot-20220922-152025-281-29.jpg

View post
@Kazionator No. I don't even mean screen rotation in apps. I mean automatic desktop rotation when the phone is rotated. When I have my phone in landscape and go back to the desktop to switch apps, I have to turn the phone to portrait because the desktop doesn't rotate.

Kazionator
Star III
@Tomy90c oh, ok. I get it now.

mickey10021
Rising Star II
Tomy90c

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229223#Comment_229223

@mickey10021 After turning on the developer mode, I did not find this option there. I also thought it was hiding there, but it's not there. I have a ZenFone 9 16/256GB with Android 12 (I'm not in the Android 13 Beta program). Or is it hiding somewhere?

View post
Look for the preference in the home setting. Not a dev options in the setting
img-20220922-215941-540.jpg

Tomy90c
Star III
mickey10021

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229230#Comment_229230

Look for the preference in the home setting. Not a dev options in the setting

img-20220922-215941-540.jpg

View post
@mickey10021 Thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for and it works. Have a nice day

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.