Did you mean: 

Vibration is too weak to feel in pocket

Martreb2000
Star II
Model Name: zf9
Firmware Version: 32.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: nope
Frequency of Occurrence: permanent

Vibration is so weak that its almost guaranteed to be missed. Yes, I have set it to max.
I noticed that when taptic is set to max, highlighting a word in any text results in stronger vibration. Could we get that powerful thing for notifications as well?
---------
Rant:
I know many phones these days say that taptic engine blablabla but the function of Vibration for notifications is too well.... Notify. So I consider it a bug. Lets compare the vibration of a recent Sony Xperia or an older Samsung (S10-) with this one.
Am I alone with wanting to have a private notification in public, without putting the speaker on max and letting the room know that I've got a message? Or no one else is using this feature?

7 REPLIES 7

paweldejko
Star III
Have you checked your vibration strength settings for notifications in the accessibility menu?

Martreb2000
Star II
Sure 🙂
Can you feel notifications in your pocket as you walk around?

paweldejko
Star III
Yes. For me, the intensity of the vibrations is sufficient. I can even feel it in my jacket pocket. 🙂

Martreb2000
Star II
Oh, wow! I wonder if I have a faulty unit then. I need to find another instance if this OR maybe other people to comment here.