Did you mean: 

Sound fluctuates

haraldgimse
Star I
General information:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: Newest
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time, random time between.
Spotify and YouTube (probably others too, only ones im using)

My Sound fluctuates up and down randomly while using any app that uses sounds, also when both using BT Headphones and the built in speakers. The only way to make the sound go back normal is to use the volume controls.
It happens all the time, sometimes there is 15 secs between sometimes longer.. its extremely infuriating to deal with..

Im not using outdoor mode, it happens both with Classic and ASUS music modes, it also happens on all 4 settings (Dynamic, Music, Gaming ..)
4 REPLIES 4

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @haraldgimse, I'll be forwarding the issue to the R&D team. Can you please share your FW version?

haraldgimse
Star I
Mansi_ASUS

Hey @haraldgimse, I'll be forwarding the issue to the R&D team. Can you please share your FW version?

View post
Hi, thanks.
Its WW_32.2040.2040.23
Ive had the phone for about a week..

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @haraldgimse!
I heard back from the R&D team, they need to clarify the following-
When the problem occurs, does the Audio Wizard show that it cannot be enabled?
Can you also share the music clip or audio file with the time when this issue generally occurs?
Does the issue persist even with the latest FW update?
Also, to analyze the issue, can you please share the log file?
You can use the following steps to enable the log tool-
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Sound, call audio, and recording”
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.