cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock screen Security Issue

RBF
Star II

Hello everybody,

I noticed a security issue on the lock screen of my Zenfone 9 (version 33.0804.2060.73 - latest version) - the Quick Setting panel is available without entering the password and/or the biometric authentication. In this case, if the device is stolen, anybody can activate the Airplane mode or disable the GPS and the Mobile data. Also the Shut down/Restart menu is available without password. I think on most Android phones you can select whether to have access to the Quick Settings menu in the lock screen, could you add this option to the Zenfone 9 as well?

Additionally, there is no way (or at least I was not able to find one) to disable payments when just the lock screen is on, so anybody can pay with my phone just by activating the NFC (again accessible via the Quick Setting menu). As far as I know this option should be in the NFC menu, but I was not able to find it there.

Please fix these issues as soon as possible as they create very big security risk.

8 REPLIES 8

ambrat
Star III

@Mansi_ASUS , can this be taken up by the R&D team? It's a huge security risk!

In a nutshell, we can still access quick settings from our lock screen before unlocking the phone. This can easily be misused (like NFC for contactless payments, Airplane mode/GPS/Location etc. in case the phone goes in wrong hands). The solution can be to have a toggle to restrict access to quick settings before unlocking.

Hope this will be fixed soon.

RBF
Star II

@Mansi_ASUSIt is possible this to be checked? I received the new update but nothing is changed regarding the safety issues.

ambrat
Star III

@Mansi_ASUS 

We can still access NFC (for contactless payments) from lockscreen via quick panel icons. Can a toggle be added to restrict this for security reasons, in case the mobile goes in wrong hands?

For example:

IMG_20230419_133953_900.jpg

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.