Google wallet not certified ? Running 32.2040.2040.28

ArjanB
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 32.2040.2040.28
Rooted or not: stock
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google wallet.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Updated yesterday to 32.2040.2040.28 and now i cannot pay with google wallet anymore ?
Google Wallet tells me the firmware is uncertified ?
33 REPLIES 33

ArjanB
Star III
After seeing certified in the playstore just reboot the phone and all will be fine

Dnivie
Star III
sonoro

My device is now certified as well, thank you ASUS.

In order to trigger the certification, I did the following: Go to Settings -> Apps&notifications -> Google Play Store -> Storage&cache -> "Clear Storage" and "Clear Cache". I also did "Uninstall updates" of the Google Play Store App (it can be re-updated then later on).

Warning: "Clear Storage" will remove your saved login on the Play Store. You will need to newly sign-in again after that, be sure you remember your password 😉 .

View post
Tryed this out now & rebooted...Still not working

SteetieHJ
Star III
Reboot doesn't fix wallet for me, think I just have to wait

sonoro
Star III
Dnivie

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/233305#Comment_233305

Tryed this out now & rebooted...Still not working

View post
Did you also try to "Clear Cache" and "Clear Storage" of the Google Wallet App? Uninstalling and re-installing it might help as well.
If it doesn't help, it will just be a matter of time, as the certification might just be pushed in several batches to the various devices. Hope you will be able to use Google Wallet soon again 🙂

Dnivie
Star III
sonoro

My device is now certified as well, thank you ASUS.

In order to trigger the certification, I did the following: Go to Settings -> Apps&notifications -> Google Play Store -> Storage&cache -> "Clear Storage" and "Clear Cache". I also did "Uninstall updates" of the Google Play Store App (it can be re-updated then later on).

Warning: "Clear Storage" will remove your saved login on the Play Store. You will need to newly sign-in again after that, be sure you remember your password 😉 .

View post
And now, after a new hardreset...it works! Finally:)