Ace2099
Star III

Model Name: Zenfone 9

Firmware Version: WW_33.0804.2060.88

Rooted or not: Not rooted

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): ZenUI

========================================

It really seems that this issue has been totally ignored( or maybe it has been implemented but I'm not seing it? ), and the brightness bar its still glued up in the a** to the top of the screen:

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-9/feature-zenfone-9-brightness-bar-on-notification-menu/m-p/1784...

@Mansi_ASUS you said this was forwarded to R&D team, what exactly is their conclusion on this? Did they ever thought that this could help people with certain hand disabilities, as UI should be always easier and quicker to access, and not the opposite?

18 REPLIES 18

Mattias_ASUS

Hello @Ace2099!

Sorry for the late reply, we send the information to the team but that does necessarily mean every feedback will be implemented since most of it comes from original Android.
I can't promise anything but I know there were talks about this.

Well, how exactly the fact that it comes from original Android, will affect the implementation of this feature?
Other Android smartphones manufacturers seem to be able to implement this without issues at all.

I'm pointing this one more time, it seems that ignoring this issue, means the same as ignoring the users with certain hand disabilities which might have issues with using this. This is one of the few small smartphones, which people chose for a proper reason, so let's use the whole screen space creatively and intelligently. What are the UX/UI designers input on this?

Ey @Ace2099 !!!

The feature to hide the gesture navigation bar was applied since version 33.0804.2060.113, since April of this year (https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/release-notes/230329-zenfone-9-ww-eu-33-0804-2060-113-android-13/ba-p/36...)

We talk about it in the forum from this thread: Re: New update WW_33.0804.2060.113 - ASUS - ZenTalk - 364450

And we currently have version 33.0804.2060.142, released in June.

And yes, it's a feature made by Asus and doesn't come from Google.

Hi @tochmi ,

I wasn't talking about hiding the gesture navigation bar, as it can be clearly seen in all my comments and both topics.

Sorry, but I don't understand you now , but your original post says:

Well, how exactly the fact that it comes from original Android, will affect the implementation of this feature?
Other Android smartphones manufacturers seem to be able to implement this without issues at all.

I'm pointing this one more time, it seems that ignoring this issue, means the same as ignoring the users with certain hand disabilities which might have issues with using this. This is one of the few small smartphones, which people chose for a proper reason, so let's use the whole screen space creatively and intelligently. What are the UX/UI designers input on this?

My answer indicates that it has already been implemented by Asus (and not Google). Asus has listened to users and has implemented a feature that did not come standard.