This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube stops sending data over BT once changing movie

8ithaqua8
Star II
I have weird problem I have never faced in any of phones I owned before.
Once connected to my car (VW group from 2015) over Bluetooth I face problems every time I want to change the movie on YouTube from the one that I had in playback while connecting. Any change of the movie (changing to next from the playlist or selecting any random) and it starts for a second and then stops transmitting sound signal to the car (on the car deck it is shown as the movie stopped). On the screen the video is playing but sound is muted. Pressing play from car level does not do anything.
2 things solving the issue (for one movie only) is removing YT completely from the RAM and starting it again. The other option is to put YT in PIP mode and selecting the Headphone button in it (therefore I guess connecting to BT receiver again) and going back to app and pressing play from phone level.
Both options heavily inconvenient.

Did you ever experience that? Do you have any proposed solutions?
The YouTube app I removed from the list with battery optimization already and it did not help
Best regards,
Rafał

2 REPLIES 2

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
8ithaqua8

I have weird problem I have never faced in any of phones I owned before.

Once connected to my car (VW group from 2015) over Bluetooth I face problems every time I want to change the movie on YouTube from the one that I had in playback while connecting. Any change of the movie (changing to next from the playlist or selecting any random) and it starts for a second and then stops transmitting sound signal to the car (on the car deck it is shown as the movie stopped). On the screen the video is playing but sound is muted. Pressing play from car level does not do anything.

2 things solving the issue (for one movie only) is removing YT completely from the RAM and starting it again. The other option is to put YT in PIP mode and selecting the Headphone button in it (therefore I guess connecting to BT receiver again) and going back to app and pressing play from phone level.

Both options heavily inconvenient.

Did you ever experience that? Do you have any proposed solutions?

The YouTube app I removed from the list with battery optimization already and it did not help

Best regards,

Rafał

Youtube stops sending data over BT once changing movie
Never heard of or experienced this issue myself. I will send you log instructions in a PM

danilo_barretta
Star II
I have a very similiar problem, how did you solve? How can I remove YT completely from the RAM?