This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Add Option Relating To Volume Buttons and Screen (Off)

mathgeekx999
Star II
Essentially, although this suggestion has already been asked as a part of a separate discussion, I might as well make a dedicated one in which, it would be great if, for the next security patch for the Zenfone 8, it would be possible to have the option for the volume buttons to work while the screen is off. If some people don't like their volume buttons being on while the screen is off, then they could change it in settings, and vice versa (as mentioned before), if that makes any sense?

Edit: If this were to be implemented, please don't make it so that the screen turns on when changing the volume (only for it to turn off after a few seconds) as that would invalidate the purpose of this.
6 REPLIES 6

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@mathgeekx999 Spotify, Youtube, etc. Which app(s) are you trying to control the volume of when the screen is turned off?
Every app I've tried so far works the way Irene2 describes. You can't hold the volume key down to change volume, but you can do it in steps of one by repeatedly pressing it.
if you can, please record a video with a secondary device showing that you can't change the volume while the screen is off.

mathgeekx999
Star II
@Gustav_ASUS , just to clarify before proceeding, I'm going to show an app you mentioned (so as to have a common ground in a sense), in which, you would need Youtube Premium in order to hear the audio while the screen is off, would that be the same thing for Spotify (I don't have Spotify at the moment)? If it's the same as Youtube, then, any other apps that work for you (while the audio is able to work, while the screen is off)?