This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapchat selfie camera looks like it was recorded on a 2011 Nintendo 3DS *with proof*

off2fly115
Rising Star II
As the title says, the front camera on the Zenfone 8 for Snapchat looks and sounds like it was quite literally recorded on a Nintendo 3DS from 2011. Never have I ever been so embarrassed to post my own videos on my Snapchat story because of the quality of the front camera. The back/main camera isn't perfect, but it's tolerable. But the front is just absolutely horrible. I will post 4 videos and 1 picture that I shot on my Zenfone 8 with the latest Android 12 firmware installed. Ignore my face, I chose actual videos that I recorded at school and with friends using the front camera on Snapchat so you guys can see just how bad it looks in real life scenarios.
4 videos and 1 picture below. All recorded on Snapchat FRONT camera. Videos are all grainy and the sound is staticky. Please Asus fix this. I'm so tired of being made fun of for my camera quality. This phone was released in 2021... 🤦‍♂️😕
snapchat-1267071241.jpg

33 REPLIES 33

off2fly115
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201589#Comment_201589

1.) I don't care what you self proclaim yourself to be, it's clear you demonstrate absolute lack of understanding how snapchat works even tho it's very common knowledge these days even for normal end users such as yourself.

2.) You clearly didnt read the article because the update has been pushed back then when you claim ASUS has fixed it and you have been experiencing exacly that on your old Zenfone 6. To illustrate your blatant lie further:

https://www.asus.com/mobile/phones/all-series/ZenFone-6/HelpDesk_BIOS/?model2Name=ZenFone-6

Here is the changelog of every single firmware which they have pushed for the Zenfone 6, now which update states they improved picture quality of 3rd party apps? Exacly, none. At this point you're embarresing yourself.

The fact that you think you should put a phone underwater when it's oily makes me wonder if you even understand the interactions between oil and water. Not only that but there are way more efficient ways than dunking the phone into a pool of water.

I couldnt be bothered to read your examples as they probably will boil down to more nonsense.

As for your claim on ASUS improving on snapchat, they did no such thing. It's simply a miscommunication between the marketing folks and the devs, the devs improved on camera on the mods thought it refered to 3rd party apps as well, which as we all know today it doesn't which can be further proven by checking out the changelogs that never mention snapchat or 3rd party application camera support:

https://www.asus.com/Mobile/Phones/ZenFone/Zenfone-8/HelpDesk_BIOS/

So please for the love of god stop embarresing yourself.

View post
Holy crap you are seriously stupid 😂 My friends and I all just read what you said and it is CLEAR that you are running out of s*** to say.
1. The Snapchat update was pushed back? Bruh, are you blind? Please tell me what the hell this says from that exact article.
screenshot-20220117-112753921.jpg
It quite literally says that is was "released" and that it was was AVAILABLE for download on the bottom of the page. Not once do they mention of the update being rolled back. So much for calling me a liar 😂 the only person who is embarrassing himself here is you.
2. As for the change log on the website not showing that they worked on Snapchat? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about because I literally have screenshots of the change log of them mentioning they worked on Snapchat image quality THEMSELVES in the past 😂 here.
screenshot-20220117-114427567.jpg
Boom. I took the screenshot the day update .103 came out for the Zenfone 8. And wanna know something funny? Here's the change log for the same update but from the Asus website.
screenshot-20220117-114457815.jpg
Notice something? They DON'T like to use the word "Snapchat" on their website 💀 If you were an actual owner of a Zenfone, you would have been aware of this from the very start. But as the person above me said, you clearly don't.
As far as the Zenfone 6 change log website not mentioning any improvements for 3rd party apps? Well re read what I just said buddy 😂 The Zenfone 8 clearly got 3rd party cameras improved as it STATES in my change log .103 screenshot I received. But it doesn't say the same on the website. All it says is "Optimized camera quality".
Same thing with the Zenfone 6. I quite literally remember Asus saying in a change log, "Optimized 3rd party mic level" and "Improved 3rd party image quality" when I received updates for them a little over a year ago. My point being, the website change log doesn't go into detail on which camera quality they exactly worked on like the change log you receive on your own phone right before you download the update. So yes, they did fix and improve Zenfone 6's 3rd party cameras a lot. I remember them doing so MYSELF and I remember the change logs. They just don't put it into the websites change logs which are vague. This is something you would know if you actually owned a Zenfone and payed attention to their updates 🤡 Fact check yourself before you call others a "liar". Cause all you did was prove my point even more 😂
3. And lastly. You said "Asus did no such thing" as to improving Snapchat image quality because "It doesn't state it anywhere on the change log website for the Zenfone 8 🤓" ok bud. Here, have this change log again just in case you were blind and couldn't read it the first time above.
screenshot-20220117-114427567.jpg
This screenshot alone disapproves everything you said. So please, log off and go home before you embarrass yourself even more 😂

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@off2fly115
Since reading isnt exacly your strong suit let me make it obvious, that even a person who has trouble reading the english language understands.
You clearly didnt read the article because the update has been pushed back then
Back then refering to back in 2019 when you supposedly saw a huge image quality boost on your ZF6.
Here is the changelog of every single firmware which they have pushed for the Zenfone 6, now which update states they improved picture quality of 3rd party apps? Exacly, none. At this point you're embarresing yourself.
Providing that ZF6 update with the supposed camera update is quite impossible isn't it? 🤡
As for your claim on ASUS improving on snapchat, they did no such thing. It's simply a miscommunication between the marketing folks and the devs, the devs improved on camera on the mods thought it refered to 3rd party apps as well, which as we all know today it doesn't which can be further proven by checking out the changelogs that never mention snapchat or 3rd party application camera support
To make things even easier, the fact you're sitting here still complaining about the awful image quality which is equally bad as pre .103 update once again completely proves my point.
I wonder if you're actually trying to look dumb on purpose at this point as you clearly have difficulties processing information. Since multitasking isn't your strong suit, lets start with the very first challenge.
Find the supposed ZF6 update that improves on the Snapchat image quality.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ZF8User

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201619#Comment_201619

I prefer counting like Microsoft with Windows: 3, 3.5, 95, 98, 2000, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11, it makes time pass

View post
You forgot windows me = 1000
also I hope the mod will finally enable the reply to you, hell let me just write the most important part for now:
take 2 selfie shots with the main camera, it has to be in a decently lit room and cannot be outside as we don't want to help the inferior camera, send them here on these forums and tell us with a straight face the zenfone 8 camera is inferior to the Iphone 8.
Good luck.

off2fly115
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

@off2fly115

Since reading isnt exacly your strong suit let me make it obvious, that even a person who has trouble reading the english language understands.

You clearly didnt read the article because the update has been pushed back then

Back then refering to back in 2019 when you supposedly saw a huge image quality boost on your ZF6.

Providing that ZF6 update with the supposed camera update is quite impossible isn't it? 🤡

As for your claim on ASUS improving on snapchat, they did no such thing. It's simply a miscommunication between the marketing folks and the devs, the devs improved on camera on the mods thought it refered to 3rd party apps as well, which as we all know today it doesn't which can be further proven by checking out the changelogs that never mention snapchat or 3rd party application camera support

To make things even easier, the fact you're sitting here still complaining about the awful image quality which is equally bad as pre .103 update once again completely proves my point.

I wonder if you're actually trying to look dumb on purpose at this point as you clearly have difficulties processing information. Since multitasking isn't your strong suit, lets start with the very first challenge.

Find the supposed ZF6 update that improves on the Snapchat image quality.

View post
Oh boy, here we go again 😂
1. "You clearly didnt read the article because the update has been pushed back then"
ok, what 💀 who tf uses the phrase "pushed back then" to describe an update being released. Do you even know what "pushed back then" even means? Clearly not, so here, I looked up a little definition for you 💀 here. Just in case you can't read the screenshot below, "pushed back" means "to be delayed" or "to happen on a later time".
screenshot-20220117-162207640.jpg
You said "Since reading isnt exacly your strong suit let me make it obvious, that even a person who has trouble reading the english language understands."
Well damn, you might wanna look in the mirror bro. Cause it looks like you don't even know how to construct a simple phrase saying "An update was released 2019". Instead you went with "An update was pushed back then." which means something totally different 💀😂
2. "Providing that ZF6 update with the supposed camera update is quite impossible isn't it? 🤡"
Oh yeah, hold on, let me just go hop in my time machine and travel back to 2019-2020 so I can screenshot the update change log *not from the website* to show you that they worked on the Snapchat camera quality 💀 I know what I saw and read. I already explained to you that they don't list which specific camera they worked on on the website. They only tell you that thru the change log that pops in your notification bar, before and after you install a new update 😂 but you probably have short term memory loss because you clearly forgot that I told you that like 2 replies ago. If you wanna see which update on the ZF6 worked on Snapchat so badly, go ahead and buy a brand new ZF6 and download every update 1 by 1 and go thru the change logs. Be my guest, cause you WILL find it 💀
3. "the fact you're sitting here still complaining about the awful image quality which is equally bad as pre .103 update once again completely proves my point."
What point? 💀 Who said that it takes only 1 update from Asus to fix the Snapchat camera quality? They greatly improved the rear cameras low frame rate in certain lighting conditions since the Zenfone 8's first release. But the problems with the front camera and the mic audio issues are still present. Hence why I'm still here tryna get them to fix these issues and bring light to the problems that nobody else is talking about 💀
I'm getting 2nd hand embarrassment from you man 😂 How much longer are you gonna try to keep this up? I've given you nothing but screenshots, facts and experiences from my OWN devices, and what have you given me? A link to a website that says "An update for Snapchat on Androids was released back in 2019 🤓" which you couldn't even describe properly? AND on top of that, that update didn't do anything. You claimed that my Zenfone 6's camera quality got better because of Snapchats update which was released in sometime of April 2019. Well, thanks for proving my point. Because if you remember what I said like 4 replies ago, I said that the Zenfone 6 had Snapchat camera issues all the way until late November or December of 2019. Months after the update FROM Snapchat in April 2019 was to supposedly fix everything. Only around EARLY 2020, did Asus finally release an update where they tweaked Snapchat THEMSELVES, did Snapchat's camera quality finally become good again on the Zenfone 6. My bad bro for not predicting that I'd be arguing with some dude online 2 years later so that I'd screenshot the notification bar change log 💀 boo hoo. Get over it. I can argue with you all day, so be my guest. But please try not to embarrass yourself anymore bro. It's getting sad.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ZF8User

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201561#Comment_201561

Do you even have a Zenfone 8? It doesn't look like so, and seems like you are basing your facts on reviews and specs, not on your actual testing and experience...

Did you just tell me, who has both an iphone 8 and the Zenfone 8, that the camera quality on the Zenfone is better because...? I have taken pictures and made video calls with both and I can tell you for a fact that the Zenfone 8's selfie camera is way worse than the iPhone.

Please stop arguing that the camera is trash because it's not snapchat or Asus, or whoevers software is bad it doesn't add anything to the conversation. Still the point stands. The Zenfone 8 selfie camera is way worse than any other smartphone of this class at the moment.

And unless you can show me proof that the iphone 8 takes worse shots compared to the Zenfone, don't come at me saying that the Zenfone selfie camera is way superior... I am telling you, you will have a hard time doing that as it takes better pictures

View post
I tell you right here and now, objectively speaking the Zenfone 8 camera is far superior to the Iphone 8's. It's a fact wheter you like it or not. The lens is higher resolution, is larger and is larger per pixel aka better in lower light.
Just because someone uses a chainsaw to hack away at a tree without turning it on doesn't make an axe superior. Same as just because Snapchat is incapable of using the camera and instead takes a screengrab of the viewfinder doesn't make the camera of the zenfone 8 worse.
Please stop arguing that the camera is trash because it's not snapchat or Asus, or whoevers software is bad
This is exacly the problem and should be the argument, just because you don't understand it doesn't meant nobody should talk about the elefant in the room.
And unless you can show me proof that
Go into a room that is decently lit but not outside, this ensures no benefit to the inferior lens due to optimal light and take 2 pictures via the native camera applications of each phone, upload them here and tell us with a straight face the Zenfone 8 is inferior.
Good luck with that.