This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Updates

martinparker28
Rising Star II
In a now closed thread @Anders_ASUS said, and I quote  "We normally update every other month. If any major security risk has been discovered, then we will do our best to push the next security update as fast as possible"..... my Asus Zenfone 8 is still on 5th April security update and even with my basic maths that's 3 months tomorrow!!!!
22 REPLIES 22

sexiclube55
Rising Star I
some questions... is really hard implemet security update into android ? when devs update security patch, is need testing ? how long test it ? we dont need immediately fresh security patches, but at least 15-20 day in month would be ok ...

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Security patches need a lot of testing yes.

From my understanding , they can also break certain features and cause bugs on existing implementation, meaning they would need to be rewritten to work for the security update and generally that is what takes the most time.

jfgt7j8qgx
Rising Star II

CH_ASUS

Security patches need a lot of testing yes.

From my understanding , they can also break certain features and cause bugs on existing implementation, meaning they would need to be rewritten to work for the security update and generally that is what takes the most time.

View post
@CH_ASUS
That's bull fart!
Samsung can release security update before Google did it.
Their One UI is even more customized than zenfone 8.
And now you told me it takes "time" to test it ?
I think both of us know why cause security update delay.
"Lousy".

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
jfgt7j8qgx

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/175079#Comment_175079

@CH_ASUS

That's bull fart!

Samsung can release security update before Google did it.

Their One UI is even more customized than zenfone 8.

And now you told me it takes "time" to test it ?

I think both of us know why cause security update delay.

"Lousy".

View post
Nowhere did I say just because it takes time that others cant do it faster than Asus has.

edited for clarity on phrasing.