Did you mean: 

people ear echo while in speaker mode

RobertFastec
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone 8
Firmware Version: M3 13 24 79
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): any talk in speaker mode

If all the people owning a Zenfone 8 would use speaker mode, this thread would be endless

Asus delivered Zenfone 8 with this big issue and only people using speaker mode discovered it

Try by your own. People on the other side cannot talk with you because they ear their self voice and it becomes impossible for them to talk with you

Speaker mode is a must and you admitted this issue when now most of the phones are out of warranty

37 REPLIES 37

Further replies in that thread unvealed that the issue in many cases was not solved

And think about what does It mean "due to air tightness"@

In speaker mode the person on the other side of the call hear MULTIPLE Echoes ONLY OF HIS/HER VOICE , he/her DOESN'T ear Echo of my voice

This mean that NOTHING has to do with microphone capting the sound coming from the speaker

Otherwise also my voice would be Echoed

It Is driver or hardware related issue from factory for that given Zenfone item and Reading here and there looks likes also Zenfone 9 has this defect

In my case there is no MULTIPLE echoes. It is a single loud and distorted "echo" of the voice.

Curiously enough I believe I experienced something very similar with a previous Xiaomi phone I owned...

kaczkrzysiek
Rising Star I

I've sent zenfone 8 to RMA, they replaced sub-motherboard, sim card slot and something else (I don't remember now). In case of echo nothing changed, 

I have also sent my phone to RMA. I have not received it yet, interesting to see what they will replace. I will post it when I know.

Have you reported back to service center? What did they tell you after knowing the issue remains?