Did you mean: 

people ear echo while in speaker mode

RobertFastec
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone 8
Firmware Version: M3 13 24 79
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): any talk in speaker mode

If all the people owning a Zenfone 8 would use speaker mode, this thread would be endless

Asus delivered Zenfone 8 with this big issue and only people using speaker mode discovered it

Try by your own. People on the other side cannot talk with you because they ear their self voice and it becomes impossible for them to talk with you

Speaker mode is a must and you admitted this issue when now most of the phones are out of warranty

37 REPLIES 37

RobertFastec
Star II

The issue is that

- I perfectly ear the remote person

- the remote person ears perfectly me

- but the remote person ears himself with a double - triple echo

So it is impossible for him to have a conversation

This is hard to believe it could be an hardware issue

yavoni3000
Star I

I have the very same problem with my Zenfone 8. I will never buy an ASUS phone again because of this. 

For my experience

this seems  a sort of drivers issue , though software.

Since Bluetooth works without echo so it is not matter of something "entering" as return inside the microphone.

afsilva
Star III

Despite some friends complaining about this when I talked with then on speaker, I really had no idea how BAD it was until I tested myself. It is REALLY awful for the remote party to maintain a conversation under such circumstances.

Anyone from ASUS cares to update status on this topic?

afsilva
Star III

Well, I found an older thread regarding this same issue and I found this information from a moderator:

The issue seems to be caused by a hardware failure caused due to air tightness, it is recommended that the devices should be controlled by the local ASUS Service Center.

I have contacted service center and they gave me instructions to file an RMA to send the phone back to service repair. So in the end it seems to be hardware fault after all...