This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive accent color on Android 12 / Zenfone 8

andydev256
Star II
I just recieved the Android 12 update on my Zenfone 8, and when i go to change the accent color there is no "adaptive" option, which was one of the features i was most excited about, instead i only see the usual 8 colors i could pick even before.
Did i miss something? is the menu somewhere i didn't look? is there a workaround for it?
Software version number is 31.1004.0404.55

Have a wonderful day
-Andrew
6 REPLIES 6

dron39
Rising Star II
Could you please advise extension rom version from preferences-about infromation ? 🙂

Aryan202
Community Legend I
andydev256

I just recieved the Android 12 update on my Zenfone 8, and when i go to change the accent color there is no "adaptive" option, which was one of the features i was most excited about, instead i only see the usual 8 colors i could pick even before.

Did i miss something? is the menu somewhere i didn't look? is there a workaround for it?

Software version number is 31.1004.0404.55

Have a wonderful day

-Andrew

Adaptive accent color on Android 12 / Zenfone 8
The feature you're referring to was an pixel exclusive for A12 called "Material you design" it had that dynamic feature you're talking about.
A sort of android "12.5" update is expected to drop with dynamic theming support (Asus isn't listed here for some reason though) but I see no reason for Asus to not include a feature drop by Google themselves as they've said time and again that they'll follow Google's design choices as closely as possible.
Some Ui's like one ui and color os with a themestore have added dynamic theming so far apart from the pixel but it's their own take in the form of their respective themestores.
The article:

These smartphone brands could support Android 12’s dynamic Material You theme

andydev256
Star II
dron39

Could you please advise extension rom version from preferences-about infromation ? 🙂

View post
Extension ROM version is: 1.1.12
and the build number is: SKQ1.210821.001.31.1004.404.55 release-keys

dron39
Rising Star II
andydev256

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/196911#Comment_196911

Extension ROM version is: 1.1.12

and the build number is: SKQ1.210821.001.31.1004.404.55 release-keys

View post
Thanks mate!
Seems like ASUS haven't uploaded .zip with update yet (to update from internal memory), or changed archive name designation.