Did you mean: 

Flip Camera Care

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: A11
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
This is a question I've been looking for an answer to for a while.
How do I look after the Flip Camera to prolong its life? Yes I know it has been tested and should be quite durable however occasional random noises make me a little anxious. Granted, these noises would occasionally occur since when I started using the phone for the first time but it still scares me everytime.
Can someone give me some tips on how to clean and look after the camera?
6 REPLIES 6

Anders_ASUS

Whenever you hear the motor without the camera moving, means that it's making sure the camera is pulled all the way in. This is by design and nothing to worry about. The camera has been tested for at least 200 000 flips which is 100 flips per day for 5 years. But it's not like it will break after 200K flips. There's nothing saying that your device won't make twice as many flips.

The number one effort you could make to prolong the life of your phone is to NOT DROP IT. And make sure to use the ASUS active case or even better, the Rhinoshield solidsuit case, so it's well protected if you do happen to drop it.

https://rhinoshield.io/collections/customized-designs?type=solidsuit-android&device=asus-zenfone-7&l...

View post
Alright then noted I have both those cases actually I haven't dropped it more than 3 times so I'm proud myself there haha
And what about water resistance? It doesn't have an IP rating I know but the phone has protective seals around the port for example right?
And how much water can the camera withstand? I'm not putting it in water of course but I'm curious so I know how to look after it better

kr0mka
Rising Star I
joseph.galea1922

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164813#Comment_164813

Alright then noted I have both those cases actually I haven't dropped it more than 3 times so I'm proud myself there haha

And what about water resistance? It doesn't have an IP rating I know but the phone has protective seals around the port for example right?

And how much water can the camera withstand? I'm not putting it in water of course but I'm curious so I know how to look after it better

View post
I don't think you'll receive any official response about that, as if any official would make claim about it, then it would be easily disputed and make headlines if the phone wouldn't hold up as long underwater as they said. It didn't get IP certification for a reason.