fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
1. Zenfone 7 Pro
2. 30.41.69.143
3. Not rooted
4. Every f***ing time!!!
5. The whole system
Wtf are you guys doing with the software updates???(excuse the language but it started to happen too often that I lost my patience with this company).
It is the 2nd time when you make an update that breaks phone's performance!!! Now on the latest version of firmware the performance is very slow on this so called flagship.... What should we expect from the A12 update...total meltdown, fireworks or not booting at all??
140 firmware:
143 firmware:

So what's the excuse now and when can we expect a fix?! Please ket me know if you need any logs...though I doubt!

19 REPLIES 19

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
mickey10021

To be honest. They tweaked the thermal to be a bit more aggressive in balance mode. If you need more performance just activate performance mode.

View post
Based on what do you say they tweaked it to be more aggressive? From the pictures I have provided it is obviously not so...
And why change something that it was not broken? Before their first change to thermals everything was going fine...now I have yo jump between levels when I need more performance in day to day tasks? I don't play games....but...still...

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
And obviously there is another bug in game mode....since after uninstalling the game the battery consumption was high...so I went and changed the mode from balanced to performance and back to balanced and now the battery seems ok but the performance drop is back...so somehow game mode overrides the battery mode and keep it so, until you go manually and override it back in the settings...and here comes the question why tweak the battery modes unnecessarily and introduce a high performance mode, if game mode overrides that??

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
well, based on your screenshots I installed GeekBench 5 and run it and it seems to be fine on my device, at least according to my result
I always use the device in the performance mode
screenshot-20220113-092336627.jpg

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
As I said in description, I always use the device in balanced mode. And as you can see in the pics I have attached, the BALANCED mode suffered a big performance hit... Also for me the High Performance mode works fine...but it drains too much battery. On High Performance I usually need to recharge the device in a day. With balanced mode it lasts almost 2 days between the charges....

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
fear_dot_com_2000

As I said in description, I always use the device in balanced mode. And as you can see in the pics I have attached, the BALANCED mode suffered a big performance hit... Also for me the High Performance mode works fine...but it drains too much battery. On High Performance I usually need to recharge the device in a day. With balanced mode it lasts almost 2 days between the charges....

View post
ok, I thought that the hit was meant generally