01-24-2022 10:01 AM
01-25-2022 10:00 PM
fear_dot_com_2000Cool, haven't seen this topic previously. Arguments there are correct - "Do you have a premium car with a hole in the roof, prepared for sunroof ?"
It was written a couple of times...
and the thread point to the original thread too
01-25-2022 10:13 PM
topolovThere are two possible scenarios
Cool, haven't seen this topic previously. Arguments there are correct - "Do you have a premium car with a hole in the roof, prepared for sunroof ?"
On phones with oled panels and fingerprint sensor implemented there are no such dark areas.
01-26-2022 12:18 AM
Aryan202Anyway, if I knew that in time, I wouldn't buy ZF7, because it looks terrible during summer. Like you have some strange shadow over your screen. Maybe it's because screen is too bright, lol.
There are two possible scenarios
1.Asus was initially planning to implement under display scanner and side FP was a later change
2.Considering that almost all OLED panels have an under display fp the panel sourced from samsung had thar cutout by default or the particular batch asus ordered
01-26-2022 12:41 PM
01-27-2022 12:35 AM
eddddWow, what a great summary! May I ask why you decided to RMA your previously 3 ZenFone 7 Pros? Has your current device had any severe hardware issues?
I've had it for 13 months now, 4 Zenfone 7 Pros in total due to unnecessary RMA, to be exact.
- it's a brick when used with Rhinoshield.
- Very loud bottom speaker. It can ring VERY LOUD. You can turn the volume so high that you will definitely hear it, whatever you are playing.
- Notification LED
- Very bright and very dark screen when required
- Good GPS (as long as it's not broken by updates)
- High performance. I already forgot what it means to wait.
- Great videos (4K 60fps + OIS + very good sound) and good photos overall.
- True 64MP photo mode with some limitations (e.g. rolling shutter). Not many phones can boast about it
- 3 slots: 2 SIM and 1 SD Card
- Good battery for such specs
- Ability to use main camera for selfies
- Good overall build quality
- Fast charging
- Battery saving options (charge capacity and power limit)
- OS literally never crashes (it has quirks and bugs) but I think it never crashed even once on me.
- Plain phone calling is no longer working reliably here in Germany, as 3G got permanently disabled. Sound is interrupted in calls randomly as soon as phone jumps to 4G.
- Battery capacity is around 4500, not 5000 as advertised.
- Too aggressive noise reduction in photos. Some places it works, some places it is annoying.
- Not well calibrated focus to infinity. Landscapes come out blurry. Best distance for focus is a few meters.
- The camera module hinge does not have an encoder, it is mostly very loose when taking photos of documents from above.
- There are random software bugs and they are REALLY random. I guess this is the reason why the phone never crashes - maybe it has all bugchecks disabled?
- Many quirks are unknown to ASUS itself, even less to its support staff. I sent my phone 3 times back for non-issues.
- USB 2.0 only, but I don't care that much.
- No headphone jack.
- Not even minimal waterproofing.
- Touch input is jittery in some apps, especially multi-touch.
- Fingerprint readers annoy me. This one cannot bare sweaty, greasy, manly fingers. You need to wash them, dry them, clean the sensor, then hold the finger for 1min for it to register inside apps sometimes. My Dell laptop from 2007 is better at this.
- I don't know if this is ASUS-only: My old Android phone allowed me to boot without entering SIM PIN, but this one insists on unlocking SIM first. This is not that useful for some scenarios, where I can't remove the SIM immediately.
- Speakers have barely any bass.
- Speakers are unbalanced.
- Zoom sensor is a bit weaker, also not convinced by its focus to infinity.