This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reboot is slower in Android 10

_jis_
Zen Master III
I am surprised that no one has mentioned this yet.
The reboot takes longer (27 seconds on A10 instead of 22 seconds on A9 for me) and after the restart the black screen is visibly longer than it was in A9. I see a black screen for 13 seconds on A10, while on A9, it was at least five seconds less. When I first rebooted in the A10 I was frightened if my phone was freezing, because I wasn't used to waiting so long in the A9.
Maybe there is a timeout in A10, some waiting for something, like a button push, but if at least it was explained somewhere. As soon as I know the reason for something, I'm fine and I'm willing to get used to it. If I don't know the reason, it just annoys me.
I wonder if this is a general problem in Android 10, or just an Asus ZF6 problem.
5 REPLIES 5

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
_jis_

I am surprised that no one has mentioned this yet.

The reboot takes longer (27 seconds on A10 instead of 22 seconds on A9 for me) and after the restart the black screen is visibly longer than it was in A9. I see a black screen for 13 seconds on A10, while on A9, it was at least five seconds less. When I first rebooted in the A10 I was frightened if my phone was freezing, because I wasn't used to waiting so long in the A9.

Maybe there is a timeout in A10, some waiting for something, like a button push, but if at least it was explained somewhere. As soon as I know the reason for something, I'm fine and I'm willing to get used to it. If I don't know the reason, it just annoys me.

I wonder if this is a general problem in Android 10, or just an Asus ZF6 problem.

Reboot is slower in Android 10
It's doing more checks on a reboot.

GamerArc
Rising Star II
Not a significant issue.

_jis_
Zen Master III
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/14042/reboot-is-slower-in-android-10

It's doing more checks on a reboot.

View post
Is it doing more checks on a reboot on ZF6 or generally on A10?

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
yeah it was faster on 9...fastest i would say... compared it with oneplus 7..but doesn't make much difference i guess so no one highlighted....