This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor .153

samvelkoch
Star III
Is there possibility to exclude proximity sensor from the camera management? Camera can not be rotated to selfie mode because of proximity sensor error which occurs since .153 update.
*Cam module could be rotated by volume buttons
35 REPLIES 35

Zenfone6_Boy
Star III
I just wish there was a way to disable the proximity sensor without having to root. I'm within warranty period but can't service my phone because I unlocked the bootloader.
Very sad that I need to choose between SafetyNet pass + broken proximity sensor or Safeteynet fail + disabled proximity sensor....
Is there now dev commands to help us here?

paras0710
Rising Star II
My problem starts with .165 update. Following are my findings:
1) take any ir remote controller like TV's remote. Align its ir with phones proximity sensor and press any button on remote. The proximity will goes from near to far for that moment means sensors ir detector is working fine.
2) Then i thought it is ir in sensor that is not working but i checked it with laptops camera(i didnt have another phone) to check if ir is glowing or not and turns out it is working (see the picture attached below).
3) I installed proximity action app from playstore in this app whenever i bring my finger near to proximity sensor phone vibrates which means sensor itself is ok and working but in testing it always show near/close. This further strengthen my belief that it is software problem
Check the video attached. 'Time between waves' value changes when i bring my finger close to proximity sensor and also when i remove it . In video once it says FAR is when i pressed tv remote controller.
screenshot-20200722-224557936-1.jpg

italo98av
Star II
paras0710

My problem starts with .165 update. Following are my findings:

1) take any ir remote controller like TV's remote. Align its ir with phones proximity sensor and press any button on remote. The proximity will goes from near to far for that moment means sensors ir detector is working fine.

2) Then i thought it is ir in sensor that is not working but i checked it with laptops camera(i didnt have another phone) to check if ir is glowing or not and turns out it is working (see the picture attached below).

3) I installed proximity action app from playstore in this app whenever i bring my finger near to proximity sensor phone vibrates which means sensor itself is ok and working but in testing it always show near/close. This further strengthen my belief that it is software problem

Check the video attached. 'Time between waves' value changes when i bring my finger close to proximity sensor and also when i remove it . In video once it says FAR is when i pressed tv remote controller.

screenshot-20200722-224557936-1.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/G5T9TDRRB5LB/2020-07-23-00-03-26.mp4

View post
Yes, it's like is working in reverse
I tried to point the remote control when the Camera app was working and I managed to flip it without problems
So yes, is the dimostration that is a software - related bug

paras0710
Rising Star II
My phone had a fall from waistline height. Proximity sensor working fine immediately after that. My first thought after that fall was to check camera. Lets see if it remains to work fine or not.

italo98av
Star II
paras0710

My phone had a fall from waistline height. Proximity sensor working fine immediately after that. My first thought after that fall was to check camera. Lets see if it remains to work fine or not.

View post
I've simulated a fall like yours but nothing happened