This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious flip camera red laser/ir light

FredrikH03
Star III
I recently noticed that whenever the camera is active and flipped, there is a faint red laser textured glow coming out of one of the small "sensor holes" that i call it placed above the led flash . This can only barely be seen when its dark but it would be really interesting to hear what this does. I thought it would be useful for face unlocking in the dark, but thats clearly not what it does. It could just be a part of the image processing...?

2 REPLIES 2

FredrikH03
Star III
VS-KR

ZenFone 6 is equiped with a laser autofocus. This sensor sends a specific "light"/beam that can be visible when you record the camera of the phone, you'll see a kind of bright dot (you can also experiment this with a remote control).

This sensor is really important because the focus of the picture is determined thanks to that (and also the algorithms of the camera).

This laser is pretty useful when the focus can't be easily done (in a dark area for example). It sends waves at constant speed (speed of light), they bounce on the subject and return to the sensor. The duration of this round-tip gives the distance between the subject and the phone. And the focus is adjust according to that.

View post
Thats pretty cool...

survivor303
Rising Star II
VS-KR

ZenFone 6 is equiped with a laser autofocus. This sensor sends a specific "light"/beam that can be visible when you record the camera of the phone, you'll see a kind of bright dot (you can also experiment this with a remote control).

This sensor is really important because the focus of the picture is determined thanks to that (and also the algorithms of the camera).

This laser is pretty useful when the focus can't be easily done (in a dark area for example). It sends waves at constant speed (speed of light), they bounce on the subject and return to the sensor. The duration of this round-tip gives the distance between the subject and the phone. And the focus is adjust according to that.

View post
How to use it as remote control? It isnt ir , like normal remotes are?