Benjamin_Bernha
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: .137
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: often
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
For some time now whenever i try turning on my flashlight the light only flashes for a second and then turns off, in android it's still shown as being on however. This doesn't happen all the time but more like 60 ish % of the time i try using my flashlight.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or is this a hardware problem by any chance. Recently factory restored my phone as well.
5 REPLIES 5

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Benjamin Bernhardsson

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: .137
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: often
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

For some time now whenever i try turning on my flashlight the light only flashes for a second and then turns off, in android it's still shown as being on however. This doesn't happen all the time but more like 60 ish % of the time i try using my flashlight.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or is this a hardware problem by any chance. Recently factory restored my phone as well.

Flashlight not always turning on
Sounds like it could be hardware but please PM me if you want to send a log for us to have a look at