cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact with no number

Saningx
Star II
screenshot-20201226-205745757.jpg
I received a number in my WhatsApp account. I saved it in my phone. But when I went to contact app there were two contacts with same name so i deleted one contact. But when i tried opening the other contact it didn't open as it has had no number, it has just name. From the screenshot you can see the name 'Harish Chandra', it doesn't have any number or anything, it is just name in my contacts app and it is not getting deleted. I tried merging it, neither its getting merged nor getting deleted.
How do I delete it? Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Saningx
Star II

VS-KR

ZenUI Contacts displays all the contacts from all sources (Duo, Google, SIM card, Whatsapp ...). If your contact is marked "From Whatsapp", then you should delete/block him from Whatsapp directly.

You can also disable datas from Whatsapp in your contact application in Contact > 3 dots ••• > Settings > Manage contacts to show

View post
Nope it didn't work.. 🙄

Saningx
Star II
VS-KR

ZenUI Contacts displays all the contacts from all sources (Duo, Google, SIM card, Whatsapp ...). If your contact is marked "From Whatsapp", then you should delete/block him from Whatsapp directly.

You can also disable datas from Whatsapp in your contact application in Contact > 3 dots ••• > Settings > Manage contacts to show

View post
screenshot-20201227-092422203-1.jpg
screenshot-20201227-092345363-1.jpg
From screenshots above you can see there's a difference between total number of contacts. Its because of that proxy contact.

Saningx
Star II
VS-KR

We need to know from which source your contact is displayed ...

A contact linked with your Google account, Duo and Whatsapp will show as a same contact. So delete that, you need to delete it from each application.

screenshot-20201227-111216320-281-29.png

For example here, one of my contacts is linked with Duo and Google Contact synchronization. So if I want to delete it, I need to do it on Google Duo, then in Contact app

View post
Well thank you for your time. I just want to say now the problem is solved. Don't know how, now it's gone. It's showing only one contact. Maybe it was a glitch.