Bluetooth audio auto-play in car - disable

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zen6
Firmware Version: A11 (127)
Rooted or not: No
========================================
A few months ago I got a new car (Toyota). I had always had old cars prior, so nothing previous had built in BT so I used adapters. With the newer vehicle my phone will often (meaning most of the time) start playing audio (sometimes very loud) from my podcast app when I turn on the car and it connects. This has never happened with any other BT device that I have connected to the phone. Searching online this seems to be a common issue with car manufacturers.
I have tried a work around using Tasker to "grab" the audio focus to prevent playing, but it doesn't seem to consistently work. I have read on the forum for the podcast app (Podcast Addict) that the developer says it has nothing to do with the app, but with the device (phone) or car.
I tried an app on the playstore that can either automatically start or stop audio on BT connections, but it doesn't seem to work either.
Would be nice if there was a way to prevent this as it is annoying. The only way to really 100% prevent it is to turn off the audio system of the vehicle prior to turning it off each time so that it is off when turning the vehicle on the next time.
2 REPLIES 2

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It depends on your car. Some cars offer this setting in the infotainment system. Even if the setting is not there, you might find your answer here. Please read through all 5 pages
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Option-to-disable-autoplay-on-bluetooth-connect/td-p/474876...

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Anders_ASUS

It depends on your car. Some cars offer this setting in the infotainment system. Even if the setting is not there, you might find your answer here. Please read through all 5 pages

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Option-to-disable-autoplay-on-bluetooth-connect/td-p/474876...

View post
Thanks. I haven't noticed an issue with Spotify but I don't use it much (I did look through the various suggestions but they either didn't apply or aren't available on the Zen6 to try). It seems to be more common when having the app open in the background and paused. I can work with that, though.