This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6z camera is worse than 5z after updates(w/ proof)

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
6z daylight.jpg
5z daylight .jpg
6z night mode scene 1.jpg
6z night mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto mode scene 1.jpg
5z auto mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto scene 3.jpg
5z auto scene 4.jpg
6z night mode scene 3.jpg
6z night mode scene 4.jpg
@Anders_ASUS hey
There has been a lot of complaints about camera performance lately and gcam is also not supported right now , worst of them all stock camera performance has reduced with updates!! If lot of people are complaining about cameras at the same time , there must be a reason right?
I'm an ex-5z user and upgraded to 6z hoping for better results , but its worse...
I know that asus is not google and comparing with google is unfair , you yourself had told us that . But what about comparing with your own phones? I compared to last year's zenfone 5z with the 6z and results aren't even comparable in lowlight , even in daylight 5z seems to have better colors and exposure control...
Don't trust me? I've attached documents of different conditions..
Lowlight comparisons were done with night mode in 6z and auto mode in 5z , i used night mode in 6z since it doesn't have ois and 5z might get an unfair advantage... But night mode is supposed to compensate for ois right? U guys yourself have told that in an old post..
See the results for yourself.. comparison done with your own previous year phone and not with any expensive flagship or pixel , for reference 5z is selling for half the price of 6z now for 128gb variant..
See the attached docs and do the needful , dont vanish on me 😛
Thanks
51 REPLIES 51

S4t
Star III
Thanks for sharing these pictures, hopefully they will help ASUS' staff understand that quality isn't as good as they (and some users) think it is.
My previous phone, from 2016, had less modes but other than the resolution, quality is more or less the same in not-that-perfect light conditions. With GCam not working on ASUS' Android 10 update, I had to downgrade to Android 9.
I hope that everyone working on the camera doesn't take all these posts as an attack on their work and become defensive. It's just that at the moment, real life usage isn't that good.

sameerjc19
Star III
hrishikeshsunder39

U9OGI4TOML6Z.jpg

DIWBMA3NE2RJ.jpg

DV431AV7EETA.jpg

ETKZQYPQCW5U.jpg

00KLF6XLIILM.jpg

BYYDIF3F77XW.jpg

6ZQLCEDT1A84.jpg

2LCWWVBJR1VD.jpg

FOABQB4JNQG7.jpg

V67BJ7G11OVP.jpg

@Anders_ASUS hey

There has been a lot of complaints about camera performance lately and gcam is also not supported right now , worst of them all stock camera performance has reduced with updates!! If lot of people are complaining about cameras at the same time , there must be a reason right?

I'm an ex-5z user and upgraded to 6z hoping for better results , but its worse...

I know that asus is not google and comparing with google is unfair , you yourself had told us that . But what about comparing with your own phones? I compared to last year's zenfone 5z with the 6z and results aren't even comparable in lowlight , even in daylight 5z seems to have better colors and exposure control...

Lowlight comparisons were done with night mode in 6z and auto mode in 5z , i used night mode in 6z since it doesn't have ois and 5z might get an unfair advantage... But night mode is supposed to compensate for ois right? U guys yourself have told that in an old post..

See the results for yourself.. comparison done with your own previous year phone and not with any expensive flagship or pixel , for reference 5z is selling for half the price of 6z now for 128gb variant..

Thanks

Even i am facing same problem Asus worsted day by day.

ashishengr_kuma
Rising Star I
Night shots was not good in 6z from starting.. Now day light performance has gone so below that you can notice just after the click.. That magic of hdr ++ has gone.. Still i have no problem if this can be fixed by update.. But i m afraid they are very slow on updates. This is my first phone from asus and I feel asus is very good in making good phone but their software always keeps them down...

evnchn
Rising Star II
gunmanrishi

Inspite of reaching out on social media and here asus team just doesn't want accept the fact that the camera is messed up with no support for Google camera. The stock camera has gone from a flagship level to a mid range level but all asus cares about is organizing fan meets with Geeky Ranjit. I thought you guys gave a bunch of phones to Dev's to get custom rom support which never came out. Earlier atleast we were able to use the gcam now thanks to you guys that also doesn't work. I have paid for a premium device but thanks to you guys who are making it average day by day. Thank you for conning your users.

Asus does not care at all
I invite you to join in the discussion and feedback of this thread

vivekodai
Star I
hrishikeshsunder39

U9OGI4TOML6Z.jpg

DIWBMA3NE2RJ.jpg

DV431AV7EETA.jpg

ETKZQYPQCW5U.jpg

00KLF6XLIILM.jpg

BYYDIF3F77XW.jpg

6ZQLCEDT1A84.jpg

2LCWWVBJR1VD.jpg

FOABQB4JNQG7.jpg

V67BJ7G11OVP.jpg

@Anders_ASUS hey

Thanks

True.