This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banding issue with 5z in apps which use camera.

mshameemp
Star III
When I use any apps which uses camera there comes moving vertical lines on my screen and it vanish. Then again it wil come in between.
I think it's bcz of banding issue. Am from India , so I need 50hz antibanding(standard electricity frequency in india is 50hz). Bt instead 5z default is 60hz(I assume). I can change antiflickering to 50hz in asus camera app so that vertical lines go away bt that doesn't hav any impact on other apps which uses camera like CamScanner, whatsapp camera etc. I think if u make 5z default antibanding to 50hz for indian through an ota update then this issue will get solved.
I hav attached a video so that u will get more clarity on vertical moving lines.
29 REPLIES 29

srota
Rising Star I
I understand your point, but, to my knowledge, fluorescent tubes are nowadays driven to high frequency, for example 30KHz or higher, to improve their efficiency and avoid flickering . So, the problem you observe should not come from the fluorescent tube at 50Hz, unless you have magnetic ballasts in your fluorescent lamps. In substance, with a different type of illumination the issue you are addressing could be avoided.

mshameemp
Star III
srota

I understand your point, but, to my knowledge, fluorescent tubes are nowadays driven to high frequency, for example 30KHz or higher, to improve their efficiency and avoid flickering . So, the problem you observe should not come from the fluorescent tube at 50Hz, unless you have magnetic ballasts in your fluorescent lamps. In substance, with a different type of illumination the issue you are addressing could be avoided.

View post
Every home electrical equipment runs on 50/60hz.
U can check description on that equipment.

Lol 30khz means 30000 cycles. U can easily take slow motion video with that if it is available in your home.

srota
Rising Star I
mshameemp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/132797#Comment_132797

Every home electrical equipment runs on 50/60hz.

U can check description on that equipment.

Lol 30khz means 30000 cycles. U can easily take slow motion video with that if it is available in your home.

View post
Have a look at the fluorescent lamp design. Two main parts are the gas filled bulb and the ballast. Electronic ballasts supply power to the lamp at a frequency of 20,000 Hz or higher, rather than the mains frequency of 50 – 60 Hz; this substantially eliminates the stroboscopic effect of flicker.

mshameemp
Star III

mshameemp
Star III