This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9: Can't disable vibrate on text notification!

reach_anthony
Star I
Model: ZC600KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: ww.16.0610.1905.79
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time!
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Since the upgrade to Android 9, vibrate doesn't turn off on text notifications. I have gone through the sound settings and app, which have vibrate set to off. But yet my phone still vibrates, this is extremely annoying! ASUS team, please fix this!!!
8 REPLIES 8

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi reach_anthony, I have gone through the sound settings and app, which have vibrate set to off. --> Do you mean you disabled "Vibrate" in the settings as the picture below, but it still vibrates? Please tell us when this problem appears, are you in ringtone/vibrate/silent mode? Please tell us your Messages app version. Thanks for your help 🙂

reach_anthony
Star I
Jei_ASUS, That is correct... Vibrate is disabled in the settings and yet the phone still vibrates when receiving texts. The problem occurs when the phone is set to ringtone. So the phone plays the notification sound and vibrates at the same time. The Messages App: version 4.0.054

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
reach_anthony posted on 2019/7/24 03:23 Jei_ASUS, That is correct... Vibrate is disabled in the settings and yet the phone still vibrates ...
Hi reach_anthony, We could not find the same result when receiving messages in ringtone mode right now. Our Messages version is 4.6.375. We would suggest that you check if you can update the messages app version to this version. Thank you 🙂

reach_anthony
Star I
Hi Jei_ASUS, I've upgraded to the version 4.6.375. Nothing has changed, the phone still vibrates with the notification sound.